• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

What Camera Do You Use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

I was just wondering what camera or mobile phone (camera) do you use for your railway photographs.

I use the Canon 5D MK3, I have had it for nearly 5 years.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

jbqfc

i have just upgraded to a canon 90D from a 700D but have not got to use it much yet

eMeS

I was just wondering what camera or mobile phone (camera) do you use for your railway photographs.

I use the Canon 5D MK3, I have had it for nearly 5 years.

For stills shots, I use a Canon 7D MkII or a 5D MkII. For video I use a Canon Legria HF G30 - I make good use of its 3s pre-record feature, but a firm tripod is necessary, otherwise the slight wobble when pressing the "Take" button is recorded. I tried the 5D MkII for video, and didn't like the rolling shutter effect. I do try to use a tripod for all clips as I'm hopeless at holding a video camera steady - whatever advanced gadgets it has inside.

83G/84D

Established Member
Canon EOS 5D Mk4 with a 24-105mm IS lens. Back up/ alternative is a Canon G5X compact.

Status
Not open for further replies.