• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

What Covid restrictions are expected in English colleges

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattA7

Does anyone how most colleges in England plan to run this year. Are most resuming full time in person teaching and mostly normal services. or is it still online/ blended nonsense. What other oppressive measures covid restrictions are most college students likely to experience this year.

Obviously colleges in Scotland intend to be online as much as possible unless it’s a practical class that would be unfeasible to do from home And masks are still compulsory among other ridiculous measures. Which is hardly surprising given SNPs attitudes towards the whole situation. So attending this year is a non starter and I fear maybe even the following year too.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

farleigh

Does anyone how most colleges in England plan to run this year. Are most resuming full time in person teaching and mostly normal services. or is it still online/ blended nonsense. What other oppressive measures covid restrictions are most college students likely to experience this year.

Obviously colleges in Scotland intend to be online as much as possible unless it’s a practical class that would be unfeasible to do from home And masks are still compulsory among other ridiculous measures. Which is hardly surprising given SNPs attitudes towards the whole situation. So attending this year is a non starter and I fear maybe even the following year too.
Full time face to face at my local sixth forms

RuralRambler

My son's Uni has made a bland statement of "blended learning" again. So he's not really expecting much face to face at all unfortunately.

MattA7

My son's Uni has made a bland statement of "blended learning" again. So he's not really expecting much face to face at all unfortunately.

that’s ridiculous probably not a single thought given to how damaging that could be on people’s education. I did wonder if changes in the law would mean a more sensible approach this year. I’m beginning to wonder if that probably means colleges would be the same.

in Scotland sixth form is the last year of secondary school. College is usually where you go after school to to NC/HNC/HND (Maybe different terminology used down south) then progress to university if you wish.

Status
Not open for further replies.