• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

What is going on in Arbroath station?

Status
Not open for further replies.

This1sUsername

Looking for an answer to what is going on at Arbroath Station as I cant find any information on it online. The works look more complex than if they were just doing a simple repaint, which is also happening. My theory is (optimistically) that its network rail preparing the bridge for electrification later in this decade, but it seems too early for that considering there hasn't been much of an announcement other than scotgov saying that it should be part of the de-carbonisation plan.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Morayshire

Heavy repair and painting as far as I can tell. Was a fair bit of rust and probably several decades of built up pigeon "deposits" and such like last time I wss stood underneath it. There was also a round of investigation works carried out at street level to assess the bridge condition prior to these works starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.