• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

What is public opinion to Covid19 restrictions in the USA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattA7

I am bookmarking this thread. There are some really fantastic ideas and good ideas with loads of empathy.

I noticed you profile says you live in the US what is the public’s opinion on the restrictions over there especially with Americans having 1st amendment rights etc. the state of Pennsylvania’s lockdown was ruled unconstitutional by a federal court judge after 2 guys sued the state.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

GRALISTAIR

Established Member
Quite a huge portion of the country almost back to normal. You will be denied boarding a plane if you aren’t wearing a mask and most airlines will warn you mid flight too. Some blocking of middle seats. Most restaurants are open but with seating restricted to observe some social distancing. We eat out regularly without masks but do wear them when entering and being seated. We have even sat at the bar. Much more relaxed and open rebellion in many places.

jtuk

Talking about the USA as one entity when every state is running with different restrictions and, in many cases, have different climates, is deeply unhelpful. Look at New York, Florida, Arizona and Wisconsin and you'll get wildly different approaches

Also worth considering that the US is not in the greatest spot when it comes to the initial health of the nation, it may be seen as a stereotype but they've got a huge proportion of the country that are morbidly obese, which is quite likely one driving factor in actual Covid outcomes (compared to, say, Japan, which is at the other end of the scale and where we've seen a recent study indicating 10m+ in Tokyo have been infected and they have less than 1500 deaths in the whole country)

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
....(compared to, say, Japan, which is at the other end of the scale and where we've seen a recent study indicating 10m+ in Tokyo have been infected and they have less than 1500 deaths in the whole country)
I'd be interested in reading more about this if you'd like to create a thread and provide a link & quote :)

And yes I agree with others about asking for a US view; I guess it's a bit like asking for a European view, i.e. a very broad question!

Status
Not open for further replies.