• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

What number is this bus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blindtraveler

Established Member
hi. This may be a huge flop or a major success, appologies if its the former. :)
through a series of clues which may include, but are not limmited to:
towns, stops or particular locations served,
vehicle type regularly used
service opperater/opperaters
interesting or otherwise relivant aspects of the route e.g. If it uses a major or minor or otherwise cignifficant road, crosses a bridge, or only has a limmited number of return services a day or maybe even is a 1 way only route!
Anything else that you think may help e.g. A important stop on the route

only rules are if its your turn to start you MUST provide the buses start point and another clue so people can get guessing.
Any sheduled bus or coach service in the UK is valid including link buses between air/see ports and you dont have to guess it in one as some may be easy, others not so. The person with the correct guess then provides the next route and to be correct you need to have given the correct route number.

OK Here goes:
this service which starts at Edinburgh bus station and opperated by Opta Solo SRs serves 3 ECML destinations, the first being Edinburgh itself. The journeytime is however much longer than any trainservice.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

martinsh

Established Member
Starting from Hanley this long route is part of an even longer route that was split a few years ago. It now only requires one vehicle. The company that won the route on tendering bought a secondhand Volvo B10B and gave it the same fleet number as the route. When that was replaced by an Optare Tempo, that also received a similar fleetnumber. Unfortunately, that has changed since the company was taken over last year.

Statto

Established Member
Well you've got the right route - but the number has changed ! Do you really think the operator would use fleet no X18 ?

Current operator, as well please

Maybe:lol:

Is it now 218, as i only know it as X18, don't know the currant operator, although it used to be First PMT?

Welshman

Established Member
OK - thank you.

This Trans-Pennine Service started in 1925, operated by Ripponden & District, and closed in 1976, operated by Ribble, and saw several operators in between.

What was it, and which towns did it serve?

Welshman

Established Member
Oops -just re-read the rules and you're right.
Sorry :oops: :oops:

[purely for information's sake, the route I had in mind was X12 from Bradford to Manchester.]

OK - this started as a rail-replacement route but is still very much current!
It's a Welsh route, operated by Arriva on weekdays and GHA on Sundays.

Laryk

Ok, here I go!

Starting and ending in Penzance in a loop, this route started only a few years ago running exactly the same route as a rival company.

Ivo

Established Member
Oh I knew about the thread, but I can't do every route in the country! That was the first one I had a chance at, and even then I would have said 500 at first - until it occurred to me that the 5xx number indicated the dual operator criterion was unlikely to match.

Let's see what you all make of this then.

A long distance route that takes in many various towns, but functions primarily as a means of avoiding a much larger settlement. Until recently, or so I'm led to believe anyway, ENCTS passes were not valid on the westernmost extremity of the route. (By this I mean I wasn't aware this restriction had been lifted.)

Status
Not open for further replies.