• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

What number is this bus?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Deerfold

Veteran Member
Not the 205 (sorry I missed that earlier). Only 8 buses an hour in the mornign peak.

Not the 94. Getting closer with 15 bph in the morning peak. But runs every 5 minutes during the day

Another clue:

Despite the high frequency this route does not enter zone 1.

Deerfold

Veteran Member
Not the 65.

The service I'm looking for has no night service - either on this route or as part of another route.

Deerfold

Veteran Member

No. Every 8 minutes peak and daytime.

Another clue though. It *is* a lettered route. That should narrow it down a bit (given how many low frequency lettered routes there are).

You have to wonder why :|

Not bad for a route that only started in 2003, replacing a limited stop half-hourly service (it was 6bph back then)

Deerfold

Veteran Member
In that case, lets try the W3.

Nope. Right frequency during the day though. And about 30% more buses in the morning peak on this one.

I think the W3 meets all the criteria I've specified except for that really high am peak frequency.

Ivo

Established Member
This could take a while :|

I shall therefore change my previous attempt ever-so-slightly - D8. Among all the existing letters, I feel that D is the most likely, especially in the absence of a letter specific to Croydon (unless T, the tram feeder set, counts).

Not bad for a route [the 205] that only started in 2003, replacing a limited stop half-hourly service (it was 6bph back then)

Oh, of course. I forgot that. Not bad is correct then.

Deerfold

Veteran Member
This could take a while :|

I shall therefore change my previous attempt ever-so-slightly - D8. Among all the existing letters, I feel that D is the most likely, especially in the absence of a letter specific to Croydon (unless T, the tram feeder set, counts).

No, not the D8 - a mere 5bph in the morning peak.

It doesn't start with a D.

I'm trying to give lots of clues!

To summarise:

It's in London.

This bus service runs every 6 minutes during the day but in the morning peak is almost twice as frequent with 19 buses per hour running.

It has never been a bendybus.

The route does not enter zone 1.

There is no night service - either on this route or as part of another route.

The route starts with a letter (but not D).

Oh, and the most frequent T-route is the T32 with 8bph.

Deerfold

Veteran Member
Anoher clue - the service runs only in North London (which I'm defining as North of the Thames).

Deerfold

Veteran Member

We have a winner. The W7, Archway to Finsbury park runs an amazing 19bph over the fairly short trip - with no night buses on any part of the route (except the bus station at the end). Before the start of debendification it briefly held the record for highest number of buses per hour in the peak for any bus in London.

Why do I know this stuff?

Do you mean T31, T32 runs 4bph.

Slip of the finger, yes - the T31 runs 8bph.

Statto

Established Member
As no one has done a guess since the last post i'll have a go.

This Route starts in Manchester, operated by First Manchester, normally operated by low floor Deckers, this route used to be an limited stop route but now serves all stops.

Deerfold

Veteran Member
After that break in service, we're back in London:

South of the River, it's a route that has a loop at one end. Unusually, the bus changes the direction it runs round this loop part way through the day.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Did everyone lose interest?

Last edited:

clagmonster

Established Member
I shall have a think tomorrow. For now, I have no idea so I shall through a 'random' number into the ring. 23?

Deerfold

Veteran Member
Interesting. There is a loop on the G1, but not at the end of the route. The timing point at the Hospital appears to vary at different times of day but I'm not sure it goes round in the opposite direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.