• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

What should stations be like?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fowler9

Established Member
No, caught there, thanks! :D

My gripe is having to enter an office or station through a disgusting stench of tobacco smoke. The smokers do not seem to realise that they need to move at least 30 feet away from entrances. I appreciate what 'fowler9' reprimanded me about, I should not generalise, but just to emphasis to smokers what they probably don't realise. I was talking to a sales assistant in a furniture shop the other day and I felt sick from the stink of her breath. I had to make an excuse and move away. I expect she had just returned from her 'fix' break.

Lots of people have lots of habits that others don't like. Swearing, sweating, eating garlic, driving etc. etc. Sometimes you just have to accept that not everyone does things that are to your liking. For all you know your deoderant or aftershave might turn the stomach of the person next to you on the bus.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

wasi

Warwick Parkway is a good example of a perfect station for me.

Always clean and tidy, staffed for 99% of the time, ample parking, nice shop and with a cracking service to both Birmingham and London.

HowardGWR

Established Member
Lots of people have lots of habits that others don't like. Swearing, sweating, eating garlic, driving etc. etc. Sometimes you just have to accept that not everyone does things that are to your liking. For all you know your deoderant or aftershave might turn the stomach of the person next to you on the bus.
You are absolutely right. Trying to avoid watching a drunk opposite demolish a beefburger on the train at the weekend was more than unpleasant. I moved down the train sharpish, but you can't always take avoiding action. :(

fowler9

Established Member
You are absolutely right. Trying to avoid watching a drunk opposite demolish a beefburger on the train at the weekend was more than unpleasant. I moved down the train sharpish, but you can't always take avoiding action. :(

Ha ha, Well sadly not everyone is as considerate as you.

Status
Not open for further replies.