• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

What the...is wrong with people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GB

Established Member
Reading report of a person having thrown a cat and some kittens in front of a train on the Great Yarmouth branch.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Some individuals have very little morals. They know that, even if caught, any sentences would not be significant enough to act as a deterrent.

While only a small minority of people would do such a thing, there are people out there who would, and we are not very effective in preventing their disgraceful behaviours.

highdyke

Reading report of a person having thrown a cat and some kittens in front of a train on the Great Yarmouth branch.

Mental illness in that case, some people lack empathy for other living things. Just a shame some end up as CEOs and politicians.

Cat and one kitten found dead by MOM, 3 kittens found alive thankfully, BTP investigating but what luck they'll have I don't know. Can't link source as internal. Disgusting actions, utterly abhorrent.

GB

Established Member
Cat and one kitten found dead by MOM, 3 kittens found alive thankfully, BTP investigating but what luck they'll have I don't know. Can't link source as internal. Disgusting actions, utterly abhorrent.

Sounds like same report I read.

DasLunatic

Mental illness in that case, some people lack empathy for other living things. Just a shame some end up as CEOs and politicians.

It seems this person is not the only feline assassin...
BBC Sussex said:
Cats left to die on Kent railway rescued by RSPCA

Two cats who were tied up in pillowcases and left on a live railway in Kent have been rescued.
The RSPCA said the cats escaped "without a scratch on them" and it was "a miracle" they were still alive.
Rescuers found one under the live rail and the other beneath a running track.
Inspector Deborah Pert said it was believed someone deliberately tied the cats up and threw them on the line "fully aware of the horrific fate that awaited them".
After the rescue, the charity discovered both black cats had owners and had gone missing from their homes.
Network Rail staff alerted the animal charity after they found the cats on the line in Deal on Tuesday.
Rail workers had to watch three trains go over the cats while waiting for the line to be switched off so they could retrieve them, Ms Pert said.
"Thankfully the trains seemed to pass right over the top of them so, unbelievably, they've come out without a scratch on them," she added.
She said both of the one-year-old cats were microchipped and went missing days before they were found. Sophie disappeared from her home nine days previously and Tiggs went missing a week later.
Both cats are being cared for at a veterinary practice and the RSPCA and police are investigating.
Anyone who saw the cats being dumped or who has information should contact the RSPCA.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-37376886

Last edited:

Bertie the bus

Established Member

That sounds like made up nonsense to me by the kind of person who would say somebody is suffering from Antisocial Personality Disorder.

As the person has apparently not been identified how can you possibly state it is due to mental illness and not just because they are a complete *******?

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
That sounds like made up nonsense to me by the kind of person who would say somebody is suffering from Antisocial Personality Disorder.

As the person has apparently not been identified how can you possibly state it is due to mental illness and not just because they are a complete *******?
Agreed, it's used as an 'excuse' far too often. And I doubt anyone who has done the acts described went into either of those professions.

Not that I wholly agree with highdyke, there is in my opinion an element of mental "illness" as determined by society with any person carrying out actions that are clearly intended or known to cause harm.

Darandio

Established Member
Agreed, it's used as an 'excuse' far too often. And I doubt anyone who has done the acts described went into either of those professions.

But dare to challenge it and the response is always 'you don't understand it'.

There could be a plethora of issues here. Unwanted/unknown pregnancy, financial etc.

But do what has been done, deplorable regardless of the circumstances.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Status
Not open for further replies.