• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

What to do in London (railway related)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Established Member
Hi all,

I'm going down to London on Saturday 1st February and I'm wandering how to spend my day down there, doing railway related stuff.

I'll probably be bashing a few of the last c-stock, and I'm just wandering where the best places for trainspotting/photography are in London that I haven't been to yet, or can be reached easily on a Z1-6 travelcard.

I've been to (and will probably go back to some of these)
  • Pudding Mill Lane DLR
  • London Bridge
  • Stratford
  • Clapham Junction
but any other ideas would be greatly appreciated, particularly for photographing East Coast, Chiltern Railways or First Great Western trains.

And is the Siemens Tube Mock up still open at The Crystal (Royal Dock)? I attempted to see that in October but it was shut for maintenance.

Many thanks for any suggestions.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Temple Meads

Established Member
East Coast: Alexandra Palace, Harringay.

FGW: Ealing Broadway, shots from Royal Oak underground station always look good, but it is of course LU property, so I don't advise lingering for photting.

Status
Not open for further replies.