• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Whats the signal on the bridge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken H

On Moderation
Is it just a splitting distant colour light? Sorry, no idea of location.
1634210471558.png

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Veteran Member
Blackfriars Road Manchester is just West of Victoria/Exchange so this is one for the LMS signalling experts here...

Andy R.A. has confirmed that 4-aspect cluster signals existed in that area (I only knew of them from early SR installations).

ac6000cw

Established Member
Given the location, I strongly suspect they are a pair of junction (splitting) multi-aspect 'cluster' colour light signals - the lower head is for the diverging route, the higher one for the main route (same arrangement as used with semaphore junction/splitting signals sometimes).

I lived in Manchester in the late 1970s, and the Victoria station area was a treasure trove of vintage power signalling back then... The west-end signalling was basically the 1929 LMS installation as mentioned above.

Status
Not open for further replies.