• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

What's your latest acquisition?

PeterY

Established Member
I went a bit mad today and treated myself to a LMS 5XP in BR green.

Post 1000 :D :D :D :D :D :D

Attachments

• IMG_3905.JPG
    IMG_3905.JPG
    161.7 KB · Views: 16
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Iskra

Established Member
I went a bit mad today and treated myself to a LMS 5XP in BR green.

Post 1000 :D :D :D :D :D :D
Ah that’s very nice! The experimental green livery did look interesting! I got the Hood/Yellow Cab Stripe one earlier in the year and they are an excellent model :)

PeterY

Established Member
I know what my daughter has got me for Christmas :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: because I asked for it :D

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
My latest acquisition is a second controller for the layout. Once I’ve worked out how to use it I’ll be able to have two people operating trains at once which because mine is a single line with passing loops will be very handy.

Iskra

Established Member
My latest acquisition is a second controller for the layout. Once I’ve worked out how to use it I’ll be able to have two people operating trains at once which because mine is a single line with passing loops will be very handy.
Ah, that’s very exciting! You may need to develop proper signalling procedures now though to avoid any nasty accidents. You could literally pass the token to each other :D

I’ve been considering getting a better controller to allow me to use more DCC sounds/functions, but it’s not an urgen priority. It’s amazing what possibilities a bit if infrastructure investment can open up on a layout.

reddragon

Established Member
I have 3 controllers and can operate 10+ trains. Controlling 3 is hard enough!

Peter C

Established Member
I fear I can relate all too well to the idea of having to work out how to use it - I'm still working out how to use bits of my Elite despite having had it for a good few years! Sounds like a great idea, though, to be able to have two operators. Maybe Lapford will need a Signal & Telegraph system soon...

-Peter

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I fear I can relate all too well to the idea of having to work out how to use it - I'm still working out how to use bits of my Elite despite having had it for a good few years! Sounds like a great idea, though, to be able to have two operators. Maybe Lapford will need a Signal & Telegraph system soon...

-Peter

I plugged it in and it worked straight away without me having to set anything up!

F12E892B-FF9E-4025-82E6-DB00261F7813.jpeg

ungreat

Not bought anything since GT3 but do have Bulleid Leader inbound next year

birchesgreen

Established Member
I got one of the wonderful Rapido Leyland Fleetlines for xmas, i might be using it in an OO scale microlayout i'm considering making next year.

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I got one of the wonderful Rapido Leyland Fleetlines for xmas, i might be using it in an OO scale microlayout i'm considering making next year.

Nice. Any chance of a photo when you get a minute?

xotGD

Established Member
Well I hope Santa was generous to all of you modellers. Looking forward to seeing what he brought...

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator

Oh that’s lovely actually. Thanks for posting it.

Well I hope Santa was generous to all of you modellers. Looking forward to seeing what he brought...

Nothing for me as we’ve done things a bit different this year.
I think my next purchase might be a Farish 101 with sound hopefully (unless I hit eBay drunk one evening and something appears on the doorstep that I wasn’t expecting).

PeterY

Established Member
My daughter brought me a Bachmann peak for Christmas, which I ran today. She thought it'd be a good idea to fill the wagons with Lindor, so it's now the Lindor express. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: IMG_3934.JPG

Established Member
My daughter brought me a Bachmann peak for Christmas, which I ran today. She thought it'd be a good idea to fill the wagons with Lindor, so it's now the Lindor express. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: View attachment 107639
Very nice. Wouldn't be the Lindor express for long if I was near it!!

My Christmas presents have been added to the Dale End Lane thread as a merged post.

PeterY

Established Member
I can remember trying to get all of the wheels on the rails.
When I brought the Kato track, in one of the packs was a railing "thing". It's brilliant for 1co co1 and steam locos :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:IMG_3936.JPG
Really good model, i've had a Mainline 45 in the past, superb.
I've still got original Mainline 45 : 45 044 in BR blue . It's never been out of it's box. :D:D
With my older 35+ years locos (The ones I've run) the wheels are too chunky for Kato track. :'(

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Well I’ve just ordered a mk1 buffet from The Model Centre who’ve got a sale on at the moment.
It’s not so much for running on my railway, I’ve got it to run on my friends layout (which has more of a main line feel) when we start doing shows again.

16292765-6E2F-49A7-BA35-5E252AAEDBCD.jpeg

Peter C

Established Member
Well I’ve just ordered a mk1 buffet from The Model Centre who’ve got a sale on at the moment.
It’s not so much for running on my railway, I’ve got it to run on my friends layout (which has more of a main line feel) when we start doing shows again.

View attachment 107863
Now that does look nice. One of, if not the, most important coaches in a rake ;)

-Peter