• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

What's your latest acquisition?

Iskra

Established Member
Ordered the extra track I need to make the loop; the store I went to today didn't have the radii I wanted (they had R216 and R316 but not my desired R282) nor any S62 straights needed to close the loop due to the feeder track, so I just ordered them off katouk.com along with 2 additional S248 packs so I can have a nice long loop to play with.
At least you got what you needed! There does seem to be a lot of waiting for things with the hobby recently, but I suppose it draws the excitement out...

@xotGD inspired my latest acquisition, which might find itself in the odd parcels trains, as some sort of luggage van or maybe just cluttering up the sidings.

thumbnail_IMG_8005.jpg

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

xotGD

Established Member
At least you got what you needed! There does seem to be a lot of waiting for things with the hobby recently, but I suppose it draws the excitement out...

@xotGD inspired my latest acquisition, which might find itself in the odd parcels trains, as some sort of luggage van or maybe just cluttering up the sidings.

View attachment 117760
Cluttering up sidings is good! Or use it as a catering store like the one at Oxenhope.

Is that also a Dapol?

Iskra

Established Member
Cluttering up sidings is good! Or use it as a catering store like the one at Oxenhope.

Is that also a Dapol?
Yes it’s a dapol I thought it looked a good model and it was available at a decent price on Ebay so I went for it.

Ayman Ilham

Definitely, given I only paid £39 for the loco (including postage) AND it's actually a runner (difficult to find full-sized locos that low a price in N-Gauge which actually run), I got a good deal.

Bertone

Finally acquired a Bachmann Hampton Hill signal box. I think I will suit my SR pre BR layout.

Anyone an idea of when similar designed boxes would have been built on the real railway?

720F070B-B85B-41C5-A7A9-53F8D55C41B3.jpeg

xotGD

Established Member
Continuing the KWVR theme, an SR "Queen Mary" Brake Van:

Queen Mary Brake.jpg

Only the last digit differs from 56287, owned by the Bahamas Locomotive Society.

I have increased my budget by a bit, so there will be more to come!

xotGD

Established Member
Following on from the Queen Mary, I now have two more brake vans representative of those on the KWVR:

Brake Vans.jpg

Both Hornby models, representing the LMS and LNER designs of brake van.

And here are the real things, at Keighley and Oxenhope, respectively:

B950179.jpg

B951634.JPG

Hidden under the tarpaulin in both shots is Hybar wagon 311756. The KWVR Stockbook states that this is ex-SR, while the Railway Heritage Register Partnership website lists it as an ex-LNER design. I do not have a representative model...yet!

Ayman Ilham

Went to my local model store (Arcadia Shaw & Crompton) and splashed out on a new Dapol Class 50 loco in NSE livery; got nice lights and love the smooth running! Got some new points while I was there.

20220730_125650.jpg

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
Lima did N gauge way back. class 31 skin head plus a Deltic .
Apparently Lima did all sorts of scales back in the day. They did British stuff in both HO and OO, and the other week a certain model railway YouTuber showed off an O gauge version of Lima's notorious non-prototypical blue shunter.

Here's my new arrivals, both from the recent sale at TMC. A pair of 1990s-ish era platform shelters and a single CLASP-style postwar shelter. The plan is possibly to build my platform in a way that allows me to swap the shelters out and depict different times, though I may end up just using the postwar shelter on the platform and use the more modern ones as bus shelters. Just a shame the frames are South Yorkshire blue rather than West Yorkshire red!

Attachments

• 20220730_203425.jpg
    20220730_203425.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 11

xotGD

Established Member
I have assembled a short rake of ventilated vans, all Dapol, of varying ages...

Ventilated Vans.jpg

There are quite a few of these on the KWVR, such as this threesome seen at Keighley...

Vans at Keighley.jpg

RichJF

Bought a few items of track plus three wagons from my local shop in Rotherfield. These three wagons were completely untouched since the 1980s, with tissue packaging & paper slips for complaints to Mainline/Airfix! :D Total of £15 for all three.

Low & behold I've been making some loads from my scrap bin for each of them.

BAC.PNG

Broadoak.PNG

CWS.PNG

4COR

I succumbed today and pre-ordered the Rapido E1 class in Early BR livery. Not done much modelling on our little 6x4 (my son's layout) lately, but will hopefully crack on in the winter and get some pics up.

I am a sucker for Early BR SR models (esp SER/LBSCR made) so hopefully this will join the N, C, USA, A1, H with Pull-Push, and the Southern Region based Class 4. Couldn't resist...

Peter C

Established Member
Loving reading about all these new additions. Only problem is now I want to try and get some of these items for myself... :lol:

-Peter

xotGD

Established Member
Another couple of purchases - a pair of "Lowmac" wagons:

Lowmacs.jpg

These both came complete with containers, but I am displaying without to be more representative of the real thing, as seen here on the Keighley turntable last Friday:

E230927.jpg

I guess I should collect a few twigs to recreate the full look!

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Another couple of purchases - a pair of "Lowmac" wagons:

View attachment 118613

These both came complete with containers, but I am displaying without to be more representative of the real thing, as seen here on the Keighley turntable last Friday:

View attachment 118614

I guess I should collect a few twigs to recreate the full look!

You’ve got a really nice collection building up here. I’m wondering when 37075 is arriving (might need to do a cut and shut job on one of the nose ends though)?

xotGD

Established Member
You’ve got a really nice collection building up here. I’m wondering when 37075 is arriving (might need to do a cut and shut job on one of the nose ends though)?
Thank you. I think I've mentioned previously that I have a Hornby 37 and 25 stored serviceable in the loft, so you never know, they may put in an appearance.

Here is an overview of the KWVR-themed models I've put together so far. I have added the Dapol "Worth Valley" special edition van, which was how this all started...

KWVR Collection.jpg

Iskra

Established Member
Thank you. I think I've mentioned previously that I have a Hornby 37 and 25 stored serviceable in the loft, so you never know, they may put in an appearance.

Here is an overview of the KWVR-themed models I've put together so far. I have added the Dapol "Worth Valley" special edition van, which was how this all started...

View attachment 118670
That’s a very nice collection you have amassed. Have you any track and a controller?

You’ve inspired me to put together a bit of short Permanent Way train for Fort George.

The (very nice) departmental bogie well wagon is new Bachmann, the HTO wagon and the brake van are 2nd hand Hornby. The HTO wagon will have its load of coal replaced by ballast in the future. The brake van has usefully already had its coupling removed at one end and a tail lamp added so that saves me that little job. The Vent Van will be swapped out for a Hattons Genesis 6-wheel departmental coach and a 6-wheel departmental Tool Van if they ever materialise on pre-order.

25AF7D72-B7A7-45C6-B9A4-4FA4F8777FFE.jpeg

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
That’s a very nice collection you have amassed. Have you any track and a controller?

You’ve inspired me to put together a bit of short Permanent Way train for Fort George.

The (very nice) departmental bogie well wagon is new Bachmann, the HTO wagon and the brake van are 2nd hand Hornby. The HTO wagon will have its load of coal replaced by ballast in the future. The brake van has usefully already had its coupling removed at one end and a tail lamp added so that saves me that little job. The Vent Van will be swapped out for a Hattons Genesis 6-wheel departmental coach and a 6-wheel departmental Tool Van if they ever materialise on pre-order.

View attachment 118677

I’ve got a little permanent way train that’s mainly made up of cheap Peco wagons that I’ve weathered and added loads to. It didn’t cost too much and it’s something a bit different.

3816FC18-D050-42DA-9584-C8506E26D470.jpeg

381C49F3-89C5-496C-9DA2-3F919AE89CDE.jpeg