• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Where am I?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

daodao

Established Member
As no one else has posted an image for 3 days, here is a station that is a shadow of its former self.

1607547547771.png

Last edited:

daodao

Established Member
As no one has yet responded, here is a clue: the former goods yard of this station is now occupied by the blocks of flats shown in the lower portion of the aerial photo. The line survived Beeching at the cost of being singled, but in recent years has had a more frequent regular service (until the Covid crisis) than ever.

Last edited:

daodao

Established Member
Whitchurch (Cardiff)
Correct and well done. Over to you.

It is 12 days since I posted the photo and I have been surprised at the lack of response. I lived for many years in a first floor flat in one of the blocks on the photo (the one second from right) and had a view of the station platform from my lounge window, so it is a very personal scene to me.

scrapy

Established Member
Correct and well done. Over to you.

It is 12 days since I posted the photo and I have been surprised at the lack of response. I lived for many years in a first floor flat in one of the blocks on the photo (the one second from right) and had a view of the station platform from my lounge window, so it is a very personal scene to me.
Yes there aren't many single lines in urban looking settings so narrowed it down a bit.

Sorry I've nothing to post. Open floor

daodao

Established Member
As no one has posted since before Xmas, here is an aerial view of a rural location:

1609495978855.png

Freight trains are frequently seen here.

Last edited:

daodao

Established Member
Sorry. You are many miles away. It's a Northern station.
As there have been no further replies, here is another clue:
Since I posted this picture, there is a new proposal to divert an hourly fast service onto this line, not calling at this station, much to the dismay of those living west of Offa's Dyke.

Last edited:

Gathursty

Established Member
I think I know where this is but I've no pictures at the moment. All I'll say is fruity.

daodao

Established Member
I think I know where this is but I've no pictures at the moment. All I'll say is fruity.
The station's name does include the name of a [soft] fruit.

@ Gathursty. You are free to reply even if you have no pictures - just add "open floor" at the end of your guess.

Last edited:

A Challenge

Established Member
1611313367885.png
Here you go, hopefully it won't be too difficult, despite the lack of much obvious around it

Wow never thought I would get one of those :D It was the two lines crossing over each other in a rural location that did it.

I have no idea how easy or hard this one will be but here you all go...

Where am I.png