• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Where am I?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
No it's not Headlingley the road is in the wrong location as it goes under the middle of the station (giving direct access to both platforms without needing a footbridge).

Radley

Hello, it’s Radleyy on my other account. Sorry for not paying attention to the posts (i’m the one who posted the last image for people to guess)

The clue is that its a station in North Yorkshire operated by Northern, and can be referred to as “____”-by-the-Sea)

It may be a very revealing clue, but I don’t want people guessing on this for too long!

Apologies

Daryl

Last edited:

SouthStand

The "triangle" formed by the railway and the road at the bottom of the picture, historically contained a previous similarly named station with a junction that led off to the east.

SouthStand

Can't believe no-one has had a guess yet, didn't think it was that difficult.

Second clue. A nearby pub (now demolished) named The Rescuers, paid homage to the efforts of rescue teams following a disaster at the colliery just north of the station.

D6130

Established Member
Thanks! Zebidee has just informed me that's it's time for bed, so I'll have a hunt for a suitable photo tomorrow.....or should I say later today?

Class172

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
I would suggest that only currently open stations are used along with recent maps/imagery, since the use of historical maps may be misleading where stations have been rebuilt for example.