• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Which data should I enter as journey time in a delay repay form?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnyFile

I am filling a delay repair form on the website of GWR.

At one point it asks to select my journey. The options proposed are completely absurd, so I choose "My journey is not shown above". Then I am asked to enter the number of changes and the details of the journey. For each leg I am asked to enter from station, to station, Leaving at and Arriving at.

Shall I insert the time I was suppose to depart and arrive or the time I really departed and arrived?

As I was travelling with split ticket (my journey was Brighton to Bristol with split ticket at Salisbury, and I preferred to change at Fareham instead of Bristol Central) shall I enter the detail of the whole journey (Brighton to Bristol with the change) or shall I just enter the leg covered by the ticket? (I can only add one ticket to the claim, so I had to make two separate claim).

I inserted the time I really departed and arrived. Was this correct?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Veteran Member
I am filling a delay repair form on the website of GWR.

At one point it asks to select my journey. The options proposed are completely absurd, so I choose "My journey is not shown above". Then I am asked to enter the number of changes and the details of the journey. For each leg I am asked to enter from station, to station, Leaving at and Arriving at.

Shall I insert the time I was suppose to depart and arrive or the time I really departed and arrived?

As I was travelling with split ticket (my journey was Brighton to Bristol with split ticket at Salisbury, and I preferred to change at Fareham instead of Bristol Central) shall I enter the detail of the whole journey (Brighton to Bristol with the change) or shall I just enter the leg covered by the ticket? (I can only add one ticket to the claim, so I had to make two separate claim).

I inserted the time I really departed and arrived. Was this correct?
I presume Bristol Central is Southampton?
Looking at the downloadable form (I have no wish to fill in an online one) they want to know scheduled and actual arrival at destination, and where you changed.
If your description of the online form is correct, then you need to show this for Brighton to Salisbury and Salisbury to Bristol.
You are entitled to claim for the whole journey even though the delay was caused once you joined GWR at Fareham (I assume changing at Soton wouldn't have got you to Sarum less than 15 late?).

gray1404

Established Member
You should include the entire journey and all the tickets.

I've just had a look at the online claim form. Personally, I would upload an image of both the tickets. I would enter the number as 00000 and enter the combined value of both the tickets as under price.

On the journey details page I enter Brighton to Bristol and the departure time of your first train (the time it was scheduled to leave it). Then select what the total delay to your journey and the reason. Then select number of changes as "1". Then you can select your first train (under journey leg 1) that your traveled on and its scheduled (NOT actual) departure time . So this would be Brighton to wherever you changed trains. I'd enter the time the train should have arrived.

Then for journey leg 2. It would be from wherever you changed trains to Bristol. I would enter the scheduled departure time of your intended connection and the scheduled arrival time in Bristol.

AnyFile

They had just replied me that I had just 1 minute delay instead of more than 60. I will reapply with v the scheduled time instead out the actual one.

I do not know if I can upload two tickets I will give it a try

Thank you very much

AnyFile

thejuggler

You should enter the times from the timetable and it is only one claim per journey.

Photograph both tickets in one frame and upload the jpeg file.

gray1404

Established Member
Yes, you need to reapply using the SCHEDULED departure times rather then the actual ones. You need to upload both the tickets in the one image file. See my advise above about filling in the form.

If, having submitted your claim correctly, they still deny your claim then there will be instructions at that point on how to appeal.

AnyFile

I have done as you suggested, but when I get to the page where I am asked to insert the details of my credit card, the details are saved but the next button keeps to stay dimmed and I can not proceed further.

I will try again with the use of a different browser

gray1404

Established Member
If it continues to fail perhaps you could select a different payment method. I have never needed to claim from GWR but I know other TOCs offer payment by Palpal and BACs transfer. Good luck!

paddington

I haven't claimed from (or travelled on) GWR since about a year ago, but back when I did, they insisted on paying by cheque no matter what payment method I selected. I always had complex claims so I just scanned all the tickets in one file, then edited the image in Paint to add extra explanatory text.

They always compensated me far more than I was expecting, but I had to go to the bank to cash the cheques (not any more as can use apps now). Once they refunded me an entire 3 day rover for a 5 minute delay that caused me to miss an hourly connection by 1 minute.

packermac

Yes, you need to reapply using the SCHEDULED departure times rather then the actual ones. You need to upload both the tickets in the one image file. See my advise above about filling in the form.

If, having submitted your claim correctly, they still deny your claim then there will be instructions at that point on how to appeal.
I had a similar issue with SWR on a claim. So I wrote to Customer Services who basically said what gary1404 said ie I should be using planned not actual data, but they just sent me a cheque as reimbursement.

Status
Not open for further replies.