• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Which leisure based journey are you looking forward to after lockdown?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisC

Established Member
If you are planning to do any hotel stays in popular tourist areas of the UK, I would suggest get them booked well in advance as soon as possible. For example, I had read reports that nearly all accommodation in large parts Devon and Cornwall is already booked for this summer. A couple of weeks ago I decided to rebook a 7 night stay in the new Premier Inn opposite Penzance station which I had to cancel last May. Many dates in June, July and August were already full and prices for September were extremely high. I managed to book a week at the beginning of October at only £343 at a fully flexible cancellable rate. Now just 2 weeks later the same booking would have cost £957!

Prices for overnight stays are rising rapidly in coastal and other National Park type destinations. However, prices for city centre locations, including many London hotels, are lower than usual. It’s going to be hotel stays in less popular locations and perhaps some regional rail rovers for me this summer.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Llandudno

Established Member
If you are planning to do any hotel stays in popular tourist areas of the UK, I would suggest get them booked well in advance as soon as possible. For example, I had read reports that nearly all accommodation in large parts Devon and Cornwall is already booked for this summer. A couple of weeks ago I decided to rebook a 7 night stay in the new Premier Inn opposite Penzance station which I had to cancel last May. Many dates in June, July and August were already full and prices for September were extremely high. I managed to book a week at the beginning of October at only £343 at a fully flexible cancellable rate. Now just 2 weeks later the same booking would have cost £957!

Prices for overnight stays are rising rapidly in coastal and other National Park type destinations. However, prices for city centre locations, including many London hotels, are lower than usual. It’s going to be hotel stays in less popular locations and perhaps some regional rail rovers for me this summer.
Might be cheaper to book a coach holiday and use local buses and trains in resort, you don’t have to go on the trips out provided by the coach tour operator!

Coach holidays usually include lunch and dinner as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.