• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Which public transport routing app do you use in London and South East?

Which public transport routing app do you use in London and South East?

• Google Maps

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Citymapper

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Moovit

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bus Checker

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

miklcct

On Moderation
I have installed the 4 apps listed in the poll for public transport navigation. In my experience, if I enter the same journey in all 4 apps, Google Maps generally give the earliest arrival time, with Citymapper the second.

However, these apps sometimes produce inaccurate timing as well. For example, Citymapper has miscalculated the time needed to change from a bus to a train, which eventually caused me to miss an Overground on a 15-minute headway to the extent that using other routes would end up faster. Google Maps haven't shown a bus diversion when the road was closed, which added 15 minutes to the bus journey and caused me to miss a train as well while there were other routes which could catch the same train without being affected by the road closure.

So out of these apps, which do you prefer to use, which should give the fastest possible time?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.