• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Which station appears in BBC1 drama "the 07.39"

Status
Not open for further replies.

geoffk

Established Member
I'm watching the repeat of this two-part drama on BBC1. Can someone identify the South West Trains station they are starting from each morning? I'm not watching it for the trains and admit I always watch everything with Sheridan Smith in it!

One of their evening journeys gets delayed at signals and there's a bar on the train. I assume there is (or was back then) catering on main line trains to Portsmouth and Bournemouth so perhaps they are on one of those which stops at, say, Woking. Or maybe it's just poetic licence.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

EssexGonzo

I Googled the same thing and couldn't find it! I liked the look of the High Street - although not necessarily the same location in TV land.

And yep! Sheridan Smith is fantastic.

Ash Bridge

Established Member
Bear in mind this is coming from a northerner so please make allowances! ;) but I reckon that actually is Woking Station where they initially board the SWT 444.

Snow1964

Established Member
It was filmed at Woking and Waterloo stations
Some of the multiple trains scenes are in the Battersea and Vauxhall area

I think the narrow street that they walk down is Church Street, Twickenham

Status
Not open for further replies.