• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Which trains are expected to run the Summer Saturday's 0909 Bristol-Weymouth services this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Class 33

Established Member
Last year was expected to be the last year that HST's operated this service. Just wondering which trains are expected to operate it this year?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TT-ONR-NRN

Established Member
I think it won’t be an IET. I just have that gut feeling.

I’m imagining a Turbo.

HowardGWR

Established Member

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
158763 and 158766 sound ideal. A 150 would sub if necessary but not booked if the timing load is correct.

hexagon789

Veteran Member
Last year was expected to be the last year that HST's operated this service. Just wondering which trains are expected to operate it this year?

Class 158s I think were quoted as the replacement at the time somewhere I'm sure. RAIL possibly.

hexagon789

Veteran Member
You don't really need a gut feeling. IETs not being route cleared to Weymouth is in accordance with existing online resources, eg the CP5 enhancements plan...

I did wonder if they were cleared to Weymouth. Is there any plan to get them cleared or is that not possible/worthwhile?

hexagon789

Veteran Member
Is it not a 6 car turbo?

I am going off memory here and things may have changed in the interim, but at the time of the last HST workings I'm sure I read 158s would take over the service. As I say, this could easily be wrong.

Maybe 158s in the main, for this summer, as they will only gradually be replaced by Turbos. Perhaps turbos next summer, like the regular services, unless they have 158s spare on a Saturday next year, given 158s will cycle through Bristol, despite being largely operating out of Exeter.

Status
Not open for further replies.