• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Why is the Swiss public transport system so much better than the UK's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The exile

Established Member
If we go down that road, it is also worth mentioning that most tax receipts don’t go towards public transport. So we would have to take into account social services, education, pensions, health etc.

The point I was trying to make is that the excellence of Swiss public transport (and I am convinced it is the best in Europe and most likely worldwide at a country level) doesn’t go together with particularly high taxation. That is still halfway on thread… but enough said on the topic from my side.
Indeed - neither comment is particularly valid for Switzerland - but was in response to the mention of Eastern Europe.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Austriantrain

Established Member
They don't cancel trains because they actually have the staff!

The UK is just ahead of the curve; lack of staff will hit many European railways and indeed many economies (in the short term, a huge recession would „help“, but then there is the question how much transport can be afforded on very high energy prices.).

Status
Not open for further replies.