• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

WMT Driver Pool - 2021/22

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Andy4052

Thanks for posting an update on your situation and congrats on getting through.
I also applied in 2020, sat the OPC in 2022 and now just have the DMI still to do. Had you already done your DMI by the time things started moving?
Hi Rick,

I'm in the same boat as you, I passed all the OPC assessments back in 2022 and still waiting for my DMI. Ive emailed WMT around every 6 months for an update just to be told they are waiting for location updates and course avalibility. Im hoping to hear somthing this year. I applied for B'ham Snow Hill & New Street.

Last edited:

Rick Steam

Hi Rick,

I'm in the same boat as you, I passed all the OPC assessments back in 2022 and still waiting for my DMI. Ive emailed WMT around every 6 months for an update just to be told they are waiting for location updates and course avalibility. Im hoping to hear somthing this year. I applied for B'ham Snow Hill & New Street.
Hi Andy,

Yeah I think there’s a few of us all holding at the same stage, hopefully things start to move this year.

Brad1997

Hi all, is there anyone who has recently completed the OPC assessments that could give me a breakdown of what they consist of please?

LCC106

Established Member
Have you checked out the assessments and medical master thread? Should all be in there.

AndySV1K

Hi all, is there anyone who has recently completed the OPC assessments that could give me a breakdown of what they consist of please?

I did it just before Christmas but not really sure I can add any more than what's already in this thread and lots of others. Have a look back at previous pages as there's a ton of really useful input from members here that I found so useful for the assessment day.

I did stage 1, stage 2 and MMI all in the same day so it was a long day, but others seems to do it in multiple visits. Not sure what determines that unless the TOC are able to fast track if they need people to move along quicker. Stage 1 are paper tests, stage 2 are computer, then you do the MMI with a pre interview situational judgment paper that is used during the interview. Have you been sent the practice material? If so try to make good use of it as most of what you need will be in this. I also used the group bourdon software to practice, that's on this forum too.

Hope this helps.

Brad1997

I did it just before Christmas but not really sure I can add any more than what's already in this thread and lots of others. Have a look back at previous pages as there's a ton of really useful input from members here that I found so useful for the assessment day.

I did stage 1, stage 2 and MMI all in the same day so it was a long day, but others seems to do it in multiple visits. Not sure what determines that unless the TOC are able to fast track if they need people to move along quicker. Stage 1 are paper tests, stage 2 are computer, then you do the MMI with a pre interview situational judgment paper that is used during the interview. Have you been sent the practice material? If so try to make good use of it as most of what you need will be in this. I also used the group bourdon software to practice, that's on this forum too.

Hope this helps.
Thankyou mate will have a read through, haven't been given any practice material just yet but have been informed that I passed the video interview and they'll be in touch once progressing me to the next stage. Would rather start practicing now for whenever that date comes up.
Have you checked out the assessments and medical master thread? Should all be in there.
Wasn't aware of this thread cheers mate.

7828odney

First post in here, got through to assessment centre which is in a few weeks. Just curious on the DFFT, does each question come with a fault finder guide or is it more of a look once remember and answer accordingly?

AndySV1K

First post in here, got through to assessment centre which is in a few weeks. Just curious on the DFFT, does each question come with a fault finder guide or is it more of a look once remember and answer accordingly?

It’s fairly straightforward and the method for fault finding is there on the sheets and available all the way through the test so you either remember it or keep referring back to it. The main thing is to be thorough so that you follow the method it asks for, ie attention to detail.

Hope that helps

susheelbhutta

Anybody had any further updates about their applications yet? Applied to New Street, Snow Hill & Wolverhampton here, not heard anything since around December time, still awaiting for a date for my medical.

Termak

DMI preparation; I know I should be prepared for any sort of questions but my head is spinning. Trying to find more info about the company, things like core values or company beliefs but I can’t seem to find them anywhere. Do I talk about Transport UK if such a question comes? Anyone with a link for where such info is please help. Thank you.

Update: Went for my DMI and passed, was just over thinking I guess.

Last edited: