• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

WMT Driver Pool - 2021/22

Anthony R

I think I just put too much pressure on myself to be the perfect candidate, so I overthought and said more than was necessary. All I’ll say is the last question is a bugger if you’re internal! x

Saying more than required prob a good thing. I bet being internal means you can't blag as freely.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

S-Car-Go

Thanks for the reply and well done. The interview obviously went well.
How was the interview? Informal or formal?
The video interview didn't exist last year, in the "Before Times". So I can't really help with that, as I have no idea what's in it. We had a formal DMI, and the MMI of course in the psychometrics.

If I had to guess, from what I've heard from other TOCs video interviews, it'll be fundamental questions like what (skills) makes a good driver, tell us what you know about the role, what challenges does the role involve, why do you think you're the right person for the job, why have you applied? At a guess. At later stages in the process, I can be a bit more helpful!

Skippz

Just completed my Video Interview... did anyone else give answers that were 30 seconds long? Completely fluffed it!

dzdoris

I've not long done mine. I waffled a bit to pad them out (relevant waffle). Like others I think I might have messed up the last question and worded something incorrectly which may go against me arrrghh! Guess it's just a waiting game now. Fingers crossed everyone!

YingYing

I'm in the same boat as everyone else on that last question, I didn't quite manage to finish my answer in time. I think it went about as well as I could expect it to go.
Good luck all.

Ben.0

Wep
Just completed mine too. I flopped The last question too. I could only name 3/4 things and had to be honest and say I couldn’t anymore. It’s always easy to look back and interview afterwards and think “ahh I was too vague, I should have mentioned this etc”
Well I gave 2 examples and ended with " what can I say I love my job" which is probably not the best answer then after it thought of 20 different examples hahha

JLX5

I’m quite certain that last question was designed to test your ability to react under pressure which is one of the key abilities of a train driver. I think it’s safe to say that a lot of us struggled with it and I’m hoping they will see this and be a bit more lenient.

GJ_DAN

Just done mine for Worcester depot. Feel like I did ok but we'll see...fingers crossed!

Steve2505

Still waiting to hear something ?? Had no invite or a “no thanks”
What do you reckon folks ??

Jon1930

Problem they have is they are so far behind with the current trainees that it's all a mess, alot of the trainees are still at home as it's taking WMT trains forever to bring them back, I'm waiting for my trainee and to resume the handling. People that are very early into the recruitment stage its gonna be a long time, 2021 no chance, itll be 2022 and 2023 starts.

Me either, been told they haven’t viewed my application yet and that was the 30th of September

Sim_Tim

Hey all - Just had email saying no positions for Bletchley now and will keep my application in consideration for 2022 - They will be in contact in due course
Looks like the backlog has impacted the intake which is totally understandable - Roll on 2022 !

Steve2505

Hey all - Just had email saying no positions for Bletchley now and will keep my application in consideration for 2022 - They will be in contact in due course
Looks like the backlog has impacted the intake which is totally understandable - Roll on 2022 !
Sorry to hear that mate, I think a few more will be going out in due course ??

Indiemoz

Yeah.....I got one too.....

Bit of a pisser, but completely understandable. I can wait. :)

Anthony R

Sorry to see all this. Personally I think it's bad form. I would say it would be fair to give all applications they accept the due consideration and then make their selection. they should pull the advert early rather than allowing people to spend time and effort for something that will not even be looked at.