• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

WMT Driver Pool - 2021/22

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Steve2505

I guess so! Really feel for those who have had that flat-out 'no thanks'. Anything for you yet Steve?

Sorry to hear that Ben. Did they offer any feedback or opportunity to apply for it?
No nothing yet, not even had a video interview ?

Ben.0

I guess so! Really feel for those who have had that flat-out 'no thanks'. Anything for you yet Steve?

Sorry to hear that Ben. Did they offer any feedback or opportunity to apply for it?
Nahhh says they won't give feed back at this time, its all good I know where I screwed up! I'm glad my Mrs got a job on the trains though so that's good news!

Maybe next time :D

YingYing

I'm through to the industry assessments again :D absolutely chuffed! Well done those through to interview, hope it goes well and keep us all informed ;)

Dan61

Just got email stating through to assessments. Hopefully my existing enhanced scores with WMt still stand from a few years ago and I will hopefully only need to do.the 2 hand coordination and mmi fingers crossed

dzdoris

I got through to the driver tests! Those who are through to the interview, have you completed the tests previously?
I've never done any, will be going through this forum with a fine toothed comb!

**Edit...I think I must have read your post half asleep. I meant I've been invited to the tests, doh!

Last edited:

Brum_AVFC

Must still be in the “maybe” pile, no video interview yet !!
My friend who was also applying got the email to say he’ll be having a video assessment but never heard anything, when he contacted them they said it’s too late now and can’t do anything about it.

sumperan

Anyone else get

"Good afternoon,

We hope this email finds you safe and well.

We appreciate that some time has passed since we contacted you to advise that your application for Trainee Driver had been received and following completion of the initial selection process we would be in contact in due course. Apologies if you have contacted us since asking for an update but not had a response, due to the volume of queries we receive we are unable to respond to each individual query and try to keep all candidates at this stage of the process updated at least every 8 weeks.

We are currently reviewing our vacancy requirements against the number of applications and at present we have progressed our highest scoring candidates from the online assessment onto the next stages, based on our Trainee Driver requirements for a 2021 start.

We believe that due to the high volume and high quality of applications we received we are currently unlikely to need to progress any additional candidates further through the selection process for a start in 2021. We have therefore been liaising frequently with our senior management team to advise on this and have been seeking clarity for some time on whether they wish us to retain your details on record for campaigns for a start in 2022 and beyond. However no decision has been currently made by the business, and some of these delays have inevitably been due to the national pandemic and the significant level of change that the railway sector is currently going through.

We appreciate this may be frustrating to hear but hope you understand that as soon as senior management have confirmed we will be in a position to update you individually with your application. Should your situation have changed in the meantime or you no longer wish to be considered for the position please advise us."

Slinky252

Anyone else get

"Good afternoon,

We appreciate that some time has passed since we contacted you to advise that your application for Trainee Driver had been received and following completion of the initial selection process we would be in contact in due course. Apologies if you have contacted us since asking for an update but not had a response, due to the volume of queries we receive we are unable to respond to each individual query and try to keep all candidates at this stage of the process updated at least every 8 weeks.

We are currently reviewing our vacancy requirements against the number of applications and at present we have progressed our highest scoring candidates from the online assessment onto the next stages, based on our Trainee Driver requirements for a 2021 start.

We believe that due to the high volume and high quality of applications we received we are currently unlikely to need to progress any additional candidates further through the selection process for a start in 2021. We have therefore been liaising frequently with our senior management team to advise on this and have been seeking clarity for some time on whether they wish us to retain your details on record for campaigns for a start in 2022 and beyond. However no decision has been currently made by the business, and some of these delays have inevitably been due to the national pandemic and the significant level of change that the railway sector is currently going through.

We appreciate this may be frustrating to hear but hope you understand that as soon as senior management have confirmed we will be in a position to update you individually with your application. Should your situation have changed in the meantime or you no longer wish to be considered for the position please advise us."
I received this too. Don’t really understand it. I may be wrong but I feel they just haven’t been through everybody’s application yet. Is there really that much difference within the online assessment , because it’s so subjective you could give a number of answers and justify your response. Surely they would know if they had enough, And bin us. To me this says they have not had chance to sift all the applications. And it’s threw them a wobbler recruitment normal wise. And with the pandemic this has slowed the sift process down ??

Slinky252

I received this too. Don’t really understand it. I may be wrong but I feel they just haven’t been through everybody’s application yet. Is there really that much difference within the online assessment , because it’s so subjective you could give a number of answers and justify your response. Surely they would know if they had enough, And bin us. To me this says they have not had chance to sift all the applications. And it’s threw them a wobbler recruitment normal wise. And with the pandemic this has slowed the sift process down ??
I also think, if they have had high scores in the online assessment and I was below that, then that’s enough normally for them to say no thanks. I have never heard anything about higher scores on the online sjt before. It’s normally a pass or fail that’s what I was to believe. The more I think about this the more I’m convinced they just haven’t had the time to go through all applications. The ones they have you’ve got through or have been unsuccessful like the normal process that has happened in the past. Has anybody else anywhere with another TOC had an email like this ??

AHopefulGuard

Anyone else get

"Good afternoon,

Did you do the video interview?

Last edited:

Adpad

Anyone else get

"Good afternoon,

Yep. Doesn't make much sense. Think the whole things a bit of a mess if i'm honest. So getting to a Video Interview was based on the online assesment and not the applications? So depending on the wim of the senior management, we may have to apply again for a future recruitment drive in 2022, when they still haven't reviewed our current applications. Although this has been conducted during an unprecedented pandemic, it makes you think whether WMT are actually that professional.

Stigy

Established Member
Yep. Doesn't make much sense. Think the whole things a bit of a mess if i'm honest. So getting to a Video Interview was based on the online assesment and not the applications? So depending on the wim of the senior management, we may have to apply again for a future recruitment drive in 2022, when they still haven't reviewed our current applications. Although this has been conducted during an unprecedented pandemic, it makes you think whether WMT are actually that professional.
That correspondence looks reasonable given the fact that nobody really knows what's happening with the industry as a whole for the foreseeable future. I understand it's frustrating, but could it be any clearer?

It's the norm to progress candidates based on their scoring on the initial online assessments, be that to progress to the psychometric assessments or interviews (different companies do things different ways).