• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

WMT Driver Pool - 2021/22

Dan61

Got my part 2 on 10th Marxh just need to redo 2 hand test as I have passed the others a few years ago with WMT to enhanced apart from that one. So fingers crossed just 2 hand test and MMI

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

YingYing

I'm still waiting on dates for part-assessments since I've already done stage 1 to (mostly) enhanced :lol: Good to see people are progressing with it though. To those who've been doing them recently, how were the covid measures? Were you asked to do a test on arrival as the recent email suggested might be the case? Was wearing a mask distracting, or do you forget about it after a while?

dzdoris

,how did you find the dfft. How far through did you get?
8.5. From what I've read on here that should be enough to pass enhanced standards. Let's just hope I got them all right! *fingers crossed*

I'm still waiting on dates for part-assessments since I've already done stage 1 to (mostly) enhanced :lol: Good to see people are progressing with it though. To those who've been doing them recently, how were the covid measures? Were you asked to do a test on arrival as the recent email suggested might be the case? Was wearing a mask distracting, or do you forget about it after a while?
No test. We were asked to complete a form about how we were feeling etc. No one needed their temperature taken or to take a test. I honestly didn't feel like my mask hindered me at all, I was concentrating more on scoring the very best I could on the tests!

Good luck everyone! :)

Last edited:

Faz.M

8.5. From what I've read on here that should be enough to pass enhanced standards. Let's just hope I got them all right! *fingers crossed*

No test. We were asked to complete a form about how we were feeling etc. No one needed their temperature taken or to take a test. I honestly didn't feel like my mask hindered me at all, I was concentrating more and scoring the very best I could on the tests!

Good luck everyone! :)
Sorry what do you mean 8.5.?? Does that mean question 8?

dzdoris

How was the Birmingham setup and the day itself?
Well I've never been to Watford so I don't know what a normal set up is. Two rooms of 8 people with plenty of space. Face masks to be worn at all times. The assessor was lovely and explained everything clearly. Can't fault it :)

Rhymnosauras

Well done, that must be very gratifying. How did you find the day, how did the other candidates find it that you were there’s with?
Yes I am very happy, I thought I did badly on one test but I must have done ok. The day was fine, we wore masks but didn't really notice it once the tests started.

Fantastic news! Me too :D Next stop Watford!
Happy days!

Well done mate, when did you do your test?
Did them Monday. Watford booked for 9th March.

GJ_DAN

Congratulations to you both! Great feeling to pass the tests. What have you got left to do then...MMI and a couple more tests?

GJ_DAN

Thank you! Computer tests and MMI :)

Are you any further to a start date yet?
Meant to be June, but nothing about medical yet. Guess that will be nearer the time. Which Depot have you applied for? Best of luck with the remaining tests and mmi

dzdoris

Meant to be June, but nothing about medical yet. Guess that will be nearer the time. Which Depot have you applied for? Best of luck with the remaining tests and mmi
Thank you! I've applied for New Street. Hope you're not kept waiting too much longer but at least you're almost there :D

Dan61

Well retook the 2 hand test today and passed also completed MMI just the waiting game now for the results

Dan61

Its hard to judge was in there for around an hour and not many questions asked at all by the interviewer.

Dan61

Recieved email confirming i passed MMI yesterday waiting for dates for DMI