• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

WMT Driver Pool - 2021/22

Yep. Doesn't make much sense. Think the whole things a bit of a mess if i'm honest. So getting to a Video Interview was based on the online assesment and not the applications? So depending on the wim of the senior management, we may have to apply again for a future recruitment drive in 2022, when they still haven't reviewed our current applications. Although this has been conducted during an unprecedented pandemic, it makes you think whether WMT are actually that professional.

I recall an application I made for a non-driving job and my experience echoed your view that WMT didn't seem that professional or well organised. I acknowledge that they've likely had more applications than expected, even for a sought after job like Driving, and they've struggled working through them with the current COVID situation, but it does seem they have approached the process somewhat inconsistently.

While it was a very polite and informative response for a "No", I read this part (my emphasis), "We have therefore been liaising frequently with our senior management team to advise on this and have been seeking clarity for some time on whether they wish us to retain your details.." as a not so subtle dig by (an apparently frustrated) recruitment team towards those they look to for leadership. While it is a candid insight to the reasons why they've not progressed some applications I'm not sure that admission is a particularly professional thing to include in a public email.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

GJ_DAN

Hi everyone, I now have an interview booked in for Tuesday 9th Feb via Video Call. Hoping this time I'm successful!

Brum_AVFC

Has anyone done any assessments yet?
Yeah done them 21st December, passed them all except for the 2 hand test, can try again in 6 months just for that one test, frustrating as that’s probably one of the easier tests.
Anyone who wants help with assessments let me know

Faz.M

Yeah done them 21st December, passed them all except for the 2 hand test, can try again in 6 months just for that one test, frustrating as that’s probably one of the easier tests.
Okay cool, oh that’s a shame on the 2 hand test better luck next time. Yeah any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

dzdoris

Sorry to hear that, at least you know what to expect next time! :)

Wish I'd have booked the 21st Dec now, I opted for the 22nd and it ended up getting cancelled aarrgghh!

Brum_AVFC

Hi everyone, I now have an interview booked in for Tuesday 9th Feb via Video Call. Hoping this time I'm
Sorry to hear that, at least you know what to expect next time! :)

Wish I'd have booked the 21st Dec now, I opted for the 22nd and it ended up getting cancelled aarrgghh!
Yeah I know the nerves you go through and eager just to get it done. Only advice I can give is to revise loads from the materials they give you, it makes it so much easier!

Anthony R

Oh no that’s a pain. Sorry mate to hear that. What went wrong on that test for you? Had you been practicing the bop it the like beforehand?

Also if you don’t mind how did you find the trp1? Was it the GLOP?

Brum_AVFC

Hi everyone, I now have an interview booked in for Tuesday 9th Feb via Video Call. Hoping this time I'm successful!
Oh no that’s a pain. Sorry mate to hear that. What went wrong on that test for you? Had you been practicing the bop it the like beforehand?

Also if you don’t mind how did you find the trp1? Was it the GLOP?
Yeah it’s painful, especially as it was the last test! It wasn’t the bop one, it was the 2 joysticks controlling a ball on a track, I went for accuracy over speed but took too long.

yeah it was a passage about GLOP. I found it fairly straight forward and just made a note of the facts, I.e colour of switches and speeds etc

GJ_DAN

Well I completed the interview today. The people who did the interview were nice enough, just don't think I did that great though in all honesty. I don't seem to fair too well in Interviews oh well, find out in a week or so I guess.

Cranky

Well I completed the interview today. The people who did the interview were nice enough, just don't think I did that great though in all honesty. I don't seem to fair too well in Interviews oh well, find out in a week or so I guess.
Dmi ?

dzdoris

Everything crossed for you! :)

GJ_DAN

I was doubting myself after mine but got the good news a few days after, if its a yes then amazing if not learn from it for the next one
That's great to hear, well done to you! How long ago did you have your interview?

dzdoris

Awesome, when are they?

I've just had an email to say I've got the job! Absolutely buzzing! Just need to pass medical
Oh wow, absolutely amazing news! Congratulations!

Booked for the 22nd Feb (in Birmingham). If we pass those tests it sounds like the computer tests/MMI in Watford next :)

GJ_DAN

Oh wow, absolutely amazing news! Congratulations!

Booked for the 22nd Feb (in Birmingham). If we pass those tests it sounds like the computer tests/MMI in Watford next :)
Thanks buddy. Best of luck to you!

All I can say is just do plenty practice on the tests. On the Group Bourdon one there's an app I downloaded on the desktop to practice that one. Also they don't expect you to complete each test so don't panic about that. Just work accurately as quick as you can.

Coach Carter

Awesome, when are they?

I've just had an email to say I've got the job! Absolutely buzzing! Just need to pass medical
Nice one bud, I new you’d be alright. I’ll be able to pinch a lift to work once your up and running lol.