• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

WMT Worcester depot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drh78

Currently a driver with a different TOC but considering a move to WMT Worcester. Any drivers from that depot on here?
Few questions if that’s ok?
What routes do you sign?
What traction?
And your thoughts on working from Worcester?
appreciate any feedback. Cheers.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mintona

Established Member
From the route and traction thread:

Worcester Shrub Hill
Traction:
170, 172, 196 training to start imminently
Routes:
Worcester - Kidderminster - Birmingham Moor Street - Dorridge
Tyseley - Stratford on Avon
Birmingham New Street - University/Camp Hill - Bromsgrove - Worcester - Hereford
Smethwick - Birmingham New Street
Birmingham - Tyseley depot

Drh78

From the route and traction thread:

Worcester Shrub Hill
Traction:
170, 172, 196 training to start imminently
Routes:
Worcester - Kidderminster - Birmingham Moor Street - Dorridge
Tyseley - Stratford on Avon
Birmingham New Street - University/Camp Hill - Bromsgrove - Worcester - Hereford
Smethwick - Birmingham New Street
Birmingham - Tyseley depot
Thank you.

Mintona

Established Member
No problem.

A lot of time is spent doing suburban work, all stations via Kidderminster and Birmingham Snow Hill. That will be the core work and the better quality Hereford - New St tends to come later. It’s not a bad depot if you live in that area but I wouldn’t necessarily move half way across the country to go there unless you were desperate to live in Worcester.

Chiltern at Stourbridge Jn or GWR at Worcester/Gloucester are ‘better’ work.

newtownmgr

The current diagrams have little all stations work as we currently cover a fair percentage of the Worcester- Snow Hill semi fast work. Got very few Kiddy stoppers during the day. Early morning & late evening work tends to be all stations. Otherwise as already mentioned. Traction is 170/5 & 172/0,/1,/2 & /3. 196 training to start in the autumn allegedly.

Class2ldn

No problem.

A lot of time is spent doing suburban work, all stations via Kidderminster and Birmingham Snow Hill. That will be the core work and the better quality Hereford - New St tends to come later. It’s not a bad depot if you live in that area but I wouldn’t necessarily move half way across the country to go there unless you were desperate to live in Worcester.

Chiltern at Stourbridge Jn or GWR at Worcester/Gloucester are ‘better’ work.
Chiltern won't take relocations.
Gwr are recruiting for Gloucester but its for a talent pool.
They don't seem to be too quick at interviewing at the moment either

Drh78

Thanks for all the info, it’s appreciated. No need to relocate, Worcester is well within the commute timescale. I did consider GWR from Worcester (Gloucester is a bit to far out) but it’s been a while since I’ve seen them advertise for that depot.

Another question, sorry about this. Earliest start time and latest finish time? Not being picky, just few things I could do with knowing before submitting any kind of application. Got family and childcare to consider as well.

Last edited:

Mintona

Established Member
Thanks for all the info, it’s appreciated. No need to relocate, Worcester is well within the commute timescale. I did consider GWR from Worcester (Gloucester is a bit to far out) but it’s been a while since I’ve seen them advertise for that depot.

Another question, sorry about this. Earliest start time and latest finish time? Not being picky, just few things I could do with knowing before submitting any kind of application. Got family and childcare to consider as well.

I’m reliably informed that in the current diagrams the earliest start is 04.53 for a running turn and 04.00 for cover, and the latest finish is 06.19 on the night turn.

newtownmgr

04:00 standby is the earliest start
00:16 is the latest finish in the mainline link.
A seperate shed link for nights. That can be covered by mainline drivers on no duty work if reqd. Things might change as & when the 196’s come into service.

Drh78

04:00 standby is the earliest start
00:16 is the latest finish in the mainline link.
A seperate shed link for nights. That can be covered by mainline drivers on no duty work if reqd. Things might change as & when the 196’s come into service.
Cheers for all the info again.

Cheers again
I see today they are advertising for Worcester again. It was only out a few weeks back and again a month or so before that. They struggling for drivers there?

Last edited:

newtownmgr

We are short with a couple of retirements coming up soon. Company increasing establishments across all depots to reduce the reliance on overtime

Drh78

Anyone got a contact/email address for someone in recruitment? Could do with asking them a question, there’s not one on the job advert.

Status
Not open for further replies.