• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Working from home

Status
Not open for further replies.

najaB

Veteran Member
That's because it's a lot less productive at home; apart from the network being slower than when being hard wired in to it there are too many distractions here from my daughter's dogs barking and my wife yapping ( or is that the other way round?! :lol:
Indeed. That's why many employers (mine included) have given people the option of choosing how often they want to come into the office (with "never" being the only option not on the table). Most of the support techs are expected to come in three days a week (unless there's a particular reason for less) but other than that everyone else is free to set their own schedule. I've chosen twice a week (I may change that to once a week), and I know a couple of the devs have said they're only coming in for sprint planning (once a fortnight). One product manager I was talking with is a bit like yourself - he can manage to work at home but prefers to come into the office so he'll probably be in most days.

So it really is a case of horses for courses.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

3rd rail land

A full hour, don't really see why it should be any different?
Exactly. I took 30 mins when working in an office and at home I take 30 minutes. I also take 2 or 3 5 min breaks in addition to make tea or get a snack.

Breaks are important. I certainly couldn't work 7.5 hours straight without burnout or getting mentally exhausted, especially if I did that 5 days a week!

route101

Established Member
Exactly. I took 30 mins when working in an office and at home I take 30 minutes. I also take 2 or 3 5 min breaks in addition to make tea or get a snack.

Breaks are important. I certainly couldn't work 7.5 hours straight without burnout or getting mentally exhausted, especially if I did that 5 days a week!
30 mins is short for me but I don't really take any other breaks though apart from grabbing something to eat. A full hour I watch something or go out for a walk.

Status
Not open for further replies.