• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Worthing station -- pedestrian routes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bungaroosh

For anyone familiar with Worthing station ...

Is it possible to walk from the main entrance of the station (south side) then walk under the A24 towards and past Morrisson's?

I can't work this out from Google Streetview – the train arrival time (first available cheap day return from Brighton) is a bit tight to my appointment in the town and the double roundabout sheep pen pedestrian barriers and busy road alternative is something I'd rather avoid.

While on the subject of Google Streetview, however, might I recommend this very excellent Japanese website (change to English in top-left corner) that provides an infinitely more user-friendly Google Streetmap exploration experience than Google Maps itself, rather like the Google Maps in the good old days! (e.g resizeable map and pick up and droppable little peg man)

Many thanks in advance!

is itWorthing station.jpg

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Re 4/4

Opensstreetmap certainly has an underpass drawn in there, with a right of way connecting to the east side that would make little sense for anything else.

Bungaroosh

Opensstreetmap certainly has an underpass drawn in there, with a right of way connecting to the east side that would make little sense for anything else.
Thanks. I'll get a slightly earlier, slightly more expensive train in case I have to walk around the houses (literally).
There did use to be a walkway through before the multi-storey car park was demolished last year, but it's not clear whether there's a walkway through.
I'll find out tomorrow!

aleggatta

It was closed when the multi story car park adjacent to the bridge was knocked down, and the bridge has been left with only temporary hoardings from where the car park used to connect with the bridge, so I suspect the hoardings are still up underneath preventing access... Interested to know a definitive answer though!

Bungaroosh

I can report there is indeed a proper path!
Avoids a multitude of oppressive, hemmed-in pedestrian crossings and sheep-run barriersm

Status
Not open for further replies.