• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Would this PC be any good at running TS2021?

Status
Not open for further replies.

365 Networker

I am looking for a new pc as my current one is getting quite old and came across this - the ASUS ROG Strix G15DH.

Would this be any good for running train simulator?

Many thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Darandio

Established Member
That would be fine for TS. I reckon you could do better for less money if you shop around though.

Trackman

Established Member
I think it would be fine too, it doesn't matter what spec of PC you have you, still have to fiddle about with the settings.

D365

Veteran Member
That would be fine for TS. I reckon you could do better for less money if you shop around though.
Can agree with that, the Ryzen 3600X is not worth the extra premium over the 3600 despite the Apple-esque "X".

Even though the 3600 is widely lauded as the best price-to-performance gaming CPU for many years, it's overkill unless you are playing demanding games from the last three years. I've just built an AMD system and I'm barely using half of its processing capability to play games like Cities Skylines and Train Fever. TS will be a cinch.

Status
Not open for further replies.