• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Wuppertal Hbf. in 1999.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Afternoon All,

In October 1999 I stopped off at Wuppertal Hauptbahnhof for a short interlude and videoed the comings and goings of the trains. This footage is now on YouTube if anyone would like to have a look. Hope you find it of interest:

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

superalbs

Established Member
It's great to see many of the liveries still in use, 22 years on, with no sign of them going away!

superjohn

Great stuff. I lived in Neuss around the time and was starting to explore the German railway scene. I was amazed that my daily five minute journey to work in Buttgen on the local S Bahn metro was loco hauled! The class 143 ‘trabbies‘ looked particularly impressive against the diminutive x-wagen stock.

Things have changed a lot now but I still enjoy visiting the region.

Great stuff. I lived in Neuss around the time and was starting to explore the German railway scene. I was amazed that my daily five minute journey to work in Buttgen on the local S Bahn metro was loco hauled! The class 143 ‘trabbies‘ looked particularly impressive against the diminutive x-wagen stock.

Things have changed a lot now but I still enjoy visiting.

Multiple units are taking over everywhere. That's 'progress', I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.