• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Your best TS20xx/TSW recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.

_toommm_

Established Member
Ha yes I’ve noticed the recoil on emergency stops! My problem is I can’t get the thing to start moving especially after enforced emergency stops. It starts eventually after much control waggling, maybe I shouldn’t go through Seven Kings at 103mph..

Some trains will have the emergency plunger depressed so you might have to press backspace to ‘unplunge’ it; some make you go into neutral, move the brake handle into emergency, then move it back to off.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

hexagon789

Veteran Member
Ah OK - I never knew that! Thanks. :) I always assumed it never worked in TS until recently, but didn't know what routes it worked on. I need to do some looking into how it works so I've got an idea of how to drive better!

-Peter
Quite a few routes have basic TPWS representation. Edinburgh-Glasgow and I think London to Brighton are another couple iirc.

Basically don't go over the grids approaching a red at more than 20mph, and those within a dead-end platform at more than 10mph and within game you'll be fine.

Peter C

Established Member
Quite a few routes have basic TPWS representation. Edinburgh-Glasgow and I think London to Brighton are another couple iirc.

Basically don't go over the grids approaching a red at more than 20mph, and those within a dead-end platform at more than 10mph and within game you'll be fine.
Ah brilliant - thanks for the explanation. :D

================

On the subject of good deals, as has been discussed upthread, I thought this would be of interest to people on here: https://store.steampowered.com/sub/493656/
You get TS2021 (Deluxe Edition), which includes:
  • TS2021 - base game
  • Clinchfield Railroad route
  • Fife Circle Line route
  • Norddeutsche-Bahn route
  • WCML South route
All for £19.99. This offer ends in the Lunar Sale tomorrow (Monday 15th February). It saves you £49.96, and I think the main point in terms of UK routes is that you get both Fife Circle and WCML South for £19.99 - if you buy them separately, you'd have to pay £32.48.

-Peter

VauxhallandI

Established Member
Mac has an official tool for you to install Windows - Boot Camp Assistant. It’ll also install all the relevant drivers once you boot into Windows too.

When you have it installed, hold the option key when you boot, and you can choose to boot into Mac or Windows.

This is what I used to do on my MacBook before I built my Windows computer. It ran like s*** because of an iGPU but it was a start…
Hi,

I held the option button down but it just loaded up into Windows.

There are two options buttons do I need to hold both of them?

_toommm_

Established Member
Hi,

I held the option button down but it just loaded up into Windows.

There are two options buttons do I need to hold both of them?
Press the power button then hold down option until it presents you with the option of where to boot into.

If that doesn’t work, when you boot into Windows, there’s a bootcamp option near the volume on the bottom right of the start menu. That will allow you to boot into MacOS and you can change the settings from there.

VauxhallandI

Established Member
Press the power button then hold down option until it presents you with the option of where to boot into.

If that doesn’t work, when you boot into Windows, there’s a bootcamp option near the volume on the bottom right of the start menu. That will allow you to boot into MacOS and you can change the settings from there.
Thanks the bottom right boot camp logo worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.