• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Bristol Parkway to Twickenham

Status
Not open for further replies.

WelshBluebird

Established Member
Just a quick question.

From what I can tell, there are two different Super Off Peak Return tickets for Bristol Parkway to Twickenham. One Any Permitted which is £38.95 and one Not Via London which is £35.65.

Would I be right in saying the Any Permitted ticket allows travel via Paddington or changing onto a direct Twickenham train at Reading, while the Not Via London ticket would mean I could not go via Paddington and would have to change at Reading?

Cheers :).

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Yes..

There may be other permitted routes but the point regarding Paddington is correct.

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
I would imagine that Windsor would be a permitted route, as that can't be much further than changing at Reading and going via Ascot if at all, which is likely to be the shortest route. If not, there can't be much in it.

Salisbury is also likely to be a permitted route - by virtue of having a route-specific cheaper fare, if it is not mapped.

I am unable to confirm at the moment but I'm sure someone will be able to.

SickyNicky

Verified Rep - FastJP
I would imagine that Windsor would be a permitted route, as that can't be much further than changing at Reading and going via Ascot if at all, which is likely to be the shortest route. If not, there can't be much in it.

Salisbury is also likely to be a permitted route - by virtue of having a route-specific cheaper fare, if it is not mapped.

I am unable to confirm at the moment but I'm sure someone will be able to.

Salisbury and Waterloo is Permitted, but you must pass through London. The route Salisbury/Warminster fare does NOT allow a change at CLJ - you must pass through London or use the shortest route (Baskingstoke, Woking, Surbiton, Kingston) or one up to 3 miles longer.

Travel via Reading and Windsor is permitted as it's 2.54 miles greater than shortest route by rail.

Status
Not open for further replies.