• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Changing off peak ticket date

Status
Not open for further replies.

WelshBluebird

Established Member
I know it has probably been asked before but I wasn't able to find it with the search.

I have an off peak return with the outward portion dated for tomorrow - Friday 25th September. My plans have changed and I am now travelling out on Saturday 26th September. I want to be able to change my ticket to the new date, is that possible?

I bought the ticket on the FGW website and have already collected it. I know you should contact where you bought the ticket from but the FGW website doesn't seem quite clear in terms of if there is there a distinction between buying from a FGW ticket office to the website (in which case would I need to send the tickets back to the web department to sort it out), or should I be able to go to a FGW ticket office tomorrow and do it there? I am aware of the £10 administration fee but that is fine.

Cheers :)

ps - I assume someone will ask why I bought a walk up ticket in advance - I try to buy all my tickets on the FGW website because of the nectar points you get by doing it.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

You'll need to send the tickets back to GWR websales and get a refund. In the meantime, you'd need to purchase the same ticket again with the correct outward date.

You may have to the £10 refund charge deducted from the total as you'll be requesting the refund after the travel could have commenced.

From my ticket office days we could give full instant refunds prior to the first day of validity on pre-dated tickets purchased from our ticket office and of course had you not collected the tickets it would have been infinitely easier to get a refund from websales. All water under the bridge now though!

Let us know how it goes...

talldave

Established Member
Buy from Southern and you can get a fee free refund as long as you haven't collected? No nectar points but quidco cashback.

Status
Not open for further replies.