• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

General Knowledge Quiz

Calthrop

Established Member
My "theme song" : I was aware of the word, but didn't know -- or had forgotten -- its meaning; therefore, Googled -- so ...
Don't you mean you "Goggled" it? That's what I insist on calling it in spite of evidence to the contrary.
Or there's the mythical creature called the Gowgle; about which there's a little rhyme, which I've forgotten -- and seeking info thereon via the Net, got me nowhere -- not surprisingly, in the circumstances.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DaleCooper

Established Member
In spite of evidence to the contrary ++ obstinacy.

Perhaps Someone who obstinately sticks to his opinion/view despite all evidence to the contrary.
1. 9/11 was an inside job
2. the moon landings were faked
3. The earth is flat etc etc
That's it, Wikipedia defines it thus:

traditional custom obstinately adhered to however unreasonable it may be or someone who obstinately clings to an error, bad habit or prejudice, even after the foible has been exposed and the person humiliated; also, any error, bad habit, or prejudice clung to in this fashion

Your turn...

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
The only Fleetwood Mac title I even know of is The Chain ( the Formula One TV theme* ), so I'll suggest that.

*I think they use something else now, before anyone says...

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
Believe there's a difference between Fleetwood Mac's only Number One single in the U.K. and that in the U.S.

randyrippley

Established Member
In the British MOD's "Rainbow Codes" supposedly secret naming system, what was "Blue Danube" the first operational type of?

randyrippley

Established Member
OK, I'll jump back in
Rainbow codes again, this time what was "Blue Parrot"? (and it wasn't a bomb)