• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Hourly or more services only...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MK Tom

Established Member
OK I don't know if this is going to work but I had an idea for a game and I'm going to put it out there and see if I get any takers. Basically, we start at a station, and we travel round the country, but we can only travel to a station that has a service frequency of more than 1tph off peak on weekdays from the station we're currently on. So, if we were at Corby, we could travel to London St. Pancras, but we couldn't travel to Oakham. Make sense?

One other rule, you can't go back on the same service you just used in the previous step. I'm making an exception (after 12 pages of playing!) to that for dead-end branch lines, which can be done to the end and back again in one step (provided there's an hourly service of course). Also you can't change trains, you can only use direct services. So if you want to go from Northampton to Liverpool, you can go as far as Stafford but you'll just have to see where the next poster takes it from there and hope you can get to Liverpool somewhere down the line!

I'm going to kick off at Nuneaton, having just arrived from Coventry with LM. :)

EDIT

Due to ongoing debates over what should be included I'll add the following:

The fundamental thing is that it's made clear what hourly or more service is being used. This generally means stating the operator makes sense, so a journey from Milton Keynes Central to Stoke-on-Trent could either be on a London Midland Euston-Crewe service or a Virgin Euston-Manchester service. It's important to state which it is. Any additional information, such as the type of train, is desirable but not essential.

Happy new year!

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MK Tom

Established Member
Yup that's grand! You can still go on from there on that same service in the next move, you just can't go back to Nuneaton on it. It'd probably be cool if we state which operator we travelled with too.

So we're at Coleshill Parkway...

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
Quizmaster
We will travel on a Class 170 turbostar with CrossCountry as far as Birmingham New Street... from where we will go to:

MK Tom

Established Member
Yup there are two. From Crewe we'll jump on a LM Desiro and ride it down to Rugeley Trent Valley...

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
Quizmaster
And onto the Cross City line with a LM 323 to University (Birmingham)

sonic2009

Established Member
Ivo:839624 said:
A far more local service out of Paddington, taking a Turbo to Reading.

I'm going to take a 458 Juniper with SWT to Clapham Junction

MK Tom

Established Member
At Victoria I get a double 377 with Southern to Three Bridges.

Scratch that we're at Margate :p

MK Tom

Established Member
To Bletchley on a LM 153... BTW you can't go to Bedford hourly from Tulse Hill you have to change at Luton but I'll let it pass as the game is still young :p

MK Tom

Established Member
Sorry, they have to be hourly services that run from that station to the destination station... I've tweaked the opening blurb to make that a little clearer.

MK Tom

Established Member
Sweet, first time we've made it back to a station we've been through before! :D I'm going to take us to Nottingham on an XC 170.

Status
Not open for further replies.