• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Revised Bahn.de website

Status
Not open for further replies.

peteb

Has anyone else seen the revised Bahn.de website? I went on today and looked up a specific train. So far so good. BUT, when clicking on the train number the website used to give a list of stations served by the train for its entire run, not just the two points of the enquiry. Now it doesn't. And when you clicked on a station on that list it used to show departures around the time of the train being queried. And with a little juggling you could get a list of departures or arrivals from any given station in a sort of yellow spreadsheet. But not any more. Does anyone know how to retrieve these functions or are they now withdrawn?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

rvdborgt

That's annoying, together with the removal of the possibility to select type of transport per section (when using the stopover function).
You can give your feedback here. Please do, because only with a sufficient number of complaints they might see something as a problem.
The previous planner is still available here.
The text version also still works.

Peterthegreat

Established Member
Has anyone else seen the revised Bahn.de website? I went on today and looked up a specific train. So far so good. BUT, when clicking on the train number the website used to give a list of stations served by the train for its entire run, not just the two points of the enquiry. Now it doesn't. And when you clicked on a station on that list it used to show departures around the time of the train being queried. And with a little juggling you could get a list of departures or arrivals from any given station in a sort of yellow spreadsheet. But not any more. Does anyone know how to retrieve these functions or are they now withdrawn?
I have had exactly the same problem. It is a VERY backward step. They asked for my view and I've told them. Restore the pld functionality. Yet another example of DB's decline?

blackfive460

It will show departures but only for the destination selected in your search and only then displays departures at the current time, not the arrival time.
Definitely a step backward.

DanielB

BUT, when clicking on the train number the website used to give a list of stations served by the train for its entire run, not just the two points of the enquiry.
I can't even click on the train number in the journey planner, which by the way does show the departures of intermediate stations buth not of the entire route.

peteb

I've still got an old search saved on my desktop. If I return to that search the functionality is still there, however I suspect it's been removed for all new searches. Problem is those saved searches time out after a few days. It's really annoying as the departures and arrivals board by station and date and time was very useful for planning where to go if you had a few hours somewhere. The system has fallen victim to the internet style search which always assumes you know where you want to go, not merely exploring options (as of course you used to be able to do with a paper timetable). I think the interrail app still has a very simplified departures board by station date and time but it's often out of date.

Fragezeichnen

I don't see what the fuss it about, to be honest.

The Departures Board system has always been a separate application with it's own query functionality and the links from the planner were purely for convenience. If you want to access it, it's here: https://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/bhftafel.exe/dn. You don't even need to learn to juggle.

Being able to view the entire route of the train might be interesting for rail enthusiasts but I don't see how it's at all relevant for an ordinary person buying a ticket.

Peterthegreat

Established Member

The Departures Board system has always been a separate application with it's own query functionality and the links from the planner were purely for convenience. If you want to access it, it's here: https://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/bhftafel.exe/dn

Being able to view the entire route of the train might be interesting for rail enthusiasts but I don't see how it's at all relevant for an ordinary person buying a ticket.
Sorry I disagree. The information is already in the database. Why remove the functionality to access it?

peteb

The Departures Board system has always been a separate application with it's own query functionality and the links from the planner were purely for convenience. If you want to access it, it's here: https://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/bhftafel.exe/dn. You don't even need to learn to juggle.

Well thanks very much for that link. It is so handy to have that facility available even if it doesn't now tie in with the rest of the stuff.

Golghar

I just put "reiseauskunft.bahn" into my search engine and was directed to the old interface. I couldn't log in to my account but I found everything else as before. I hope they don't disable this now.

A correction: Once you go to https://reiseauskunft.bahn.de and look for a connection and then choose a train it asks whether you have an account and if so you can log into it and purchase your ticket.

Last edited:

gravitystorm

Here is my use-case. I am travelling from Hannover to Krakow. The suggested change is at Berlin Ostbahnhof. But I prefer to change at Berlin Hbf. I would like to see if the second train, shown as running from Berlin Ostbahnhof to Krakow, starts from Hbf, but this is no longer possible since the journey planner only shows intermediate stations for the second train. I need to replan a whole separate journey, with an stopover set, etc, etc, just to check one small detail.

Veteran Member
The facility to arrive earlier/leave later at individual change points has disappeared. I can still add stopovers or extend the interchange time, but the missing function was very useful - for example to avoid Flixtrain!

YorkshireBear

Established Member
Just had the new version of the app forced upon me. The map feature of your journey seems to have vanished which is a great shame and a feature I used to love!

Status
Not open for further replies.