• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

SRPS diesel gala 29/12/22

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigB

It's been confirmed by my colleagues in the diesel department that they are delighted to announce that our Guest loco is a Class 60, courtesy of our very good friends at GBRf subject to usual caveats.

Our provisional base timetable excluding loco allocations but including bus time can be found on our Facebook page. First train departs Bo'ness at 09:30 with the last train departing at 17:00.
As in previous years a vintage bus will run from Linlithgow Station to Bo'ness in the morning and back again in the late afternoon

Featuring from the home fleet are 37025, 37403 and 47643, with 37403 and 47643 providing the heat throughout the day.

Cheers

BigB

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

paul1609

Established Member
Unfortunately Industrial Action on the railways has forced up the prices on Easyjet so much I'll have to pass on attending this year.

DAH37403

It's been confirmed by my colleagues in the diesel department that they are delighted to announce that our Guest loco is a Class 60, courtesy of our very good friends at GBRf subject to usual caveats.

Our provisional base timetable excluding loco allocations but including bus time can be found on our Facebook page. First train departs Bo'ness at 09:30 with the last train departing at 17:00.
As in previous years a vintage bus will run from Linlithgow Station to Bo'ness in the morning and back again in the late afternoon

Featuring from the home fleet are 37025, 37403 and 47643, with 37403 and 47643 providing the heat throughout the day.

Cheers

BigB
We are planing to move the Class 614 hydrogen train to the Bo'ness station bay platform for viewing and provide seating out of the cold.
Last chance to see this unit as its being decommissioned and broken up early 2023.

DAH

D365

Veteran Member
We are planing to move the Class 614 hydrogen train to the Bo'ness station bay platform for viewing and provide seating out of the cold.
Last chance to see this unit as its being decommissioned and broken up early 2023.
A pity that it can't be retained as a showpiece, if nothing else. Although I suppose the liabilities might preclude that.

BigB

A pity that it can't be retained as a showpiece, if nothing else. Although I suppose the liabilities might preclude that.
If you are volunteering to fund the storage space I'm sure it could be done.... but you'd need different viewing areas, one for those who thought it was a waste of time and one for those who thought it was worthwhile as a test bed. Having them together would just be trouble :D:D
Only the middle car will be open as it's the only one with seats (ex pendalino) so hopefully the batteries are charged (or there is an air supply to open the doors).

Anyway, 60021 now confirmed for the gala - it's on its way at the very least.

Last edited:

Alanko

Somewhere between Waverley and Queen Street.
I could maybe see a case for retaining a driving coach and restoring it to 314 spec, alongside one coach of the 303, to tell the story of EMUs in Scotland.

The 614 thing just seems like an unnecessary experiment to identify the things Alstom already figured out with their 'Coradia iLint' platform, which appears to be far more successful than a decrepit EMU gingerly traversing a short section of the line at Bo'ness at walking pace.

Let the 614 stand as a monument to what happens when you don't seriously consider decarbonisation 'from the top' and have to cobble projects together from offcuts, combined with a myopic, exceptionalist attitude that we can only believe findings around hydrogen traction if we make those findings ourselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.