• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Using mums Oyster card

Pushpit

Thank very much for all your answers looks like I’m going to loose my job at the end by thanks anyway from bottom of my heart !
That isn't what I said. Lying about your criminal record - which you haven't got yet - may get your Care Certificate withdrawn, but a very minor conviction will not terminate your job. You are in trouble by the looks of it, but it's really at the bottom of the scale. I think I also explained the DBS/EDBS area, and it's less relevant than any deception you give to your employer, which now you know a bit more about the process, you won't need to do.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

marika

As you have mention will be a court hearing can I attend that just to explain how much I regret for my action?

Thanks

pedr

The way the law works in these cases is that regretting committing a crime is not relevant when a court decides whether someone is guilty or not. It might reduce the punishment imposed, but not the fact of guilt, and the conviction that results. If TfL prosecute, which is very likely, the usual advice would be to plead guilty because of the lower fine which will be imposed.

The interaction between DBS checks and criminal convictions is complicated and difficult to explain, particularly where very minor crimes are concerned. In many cases this sort of conviction won't appear on a basic DBS check and might not appear on others. But employers might ask - and have the right to ask - questions about convictions, rather than about the records of convictions disclosed in a DBS check, which makes things very complicated, and often leads to the advice to be open and honest with employers, rather than relying on what is or isn't reported by DBS.

It may be wise for you to consult with (and join) a union, or to contact charities which work with people with criminal records (such as https://unlock.org.uk/) or to get advice from people who know more about the regulation of care workers and the attitude which relevant employers have to minor criminal convictions. This might help you to understand what the best approach is to take with your current and any future employers.

marika

Thank you I’m leaving that for now as I’m getting more anxious I will dealt with it when the letter comes .
Thanks

marika

Hi everyone everything end up with just a warning is good not to terrified people! Thanks

ikcdab

The thing is that if they had just issued a warning at the beginning then it might not have been a sufficient deterrent to stop you doing it again.
Having been through the process and faced a potential prosecution, I hope you now won't do it again.

marika

i would like not to scare others as is not nice I have read that people here are lossing sleep and appetite . Stress is not healthy as our life’s already got enough. What I’m going to do is something not relevant here but I just an advice to all how are giving advices here to bear that in mind!

AlterEgo

Veteran Member
Thanks for the update. We’ve heard now of a few cases of TfL settling or issuing a warning. Perhaps a change in policy? This seems very new.

BRX

Established Member
Has the OP at any point said it was a freedom pass or anything like that? They've only said it is an oyster card. As far as I know there's no issue with using someone else's oyster card.

It looks to me a bit like all that happened was a failure to tap in or out.

Haywain

Veteran Member
Has the OP at any point said it was a freedom pass or anything like that? They've only said it is an oyster card. As far as I know there's no issue with using someone else's oyster card.

A failure to tap out would attract a maximum fare or Penalty Fare. In this case there must have been some sort of personalisation of the card otherwise there would be no reason to issue a warning.

marika

The thing is that if they had just issued a warning at the beginning then it might not have been a sufficient deterrent to stop you doing it again.
Having been through the process and faced a potential prosecution, I hope you now won't

Was an oyster 60+ and they issue a warning !

AlterEgo

Veteran Member

The OP mentions early on that it was a 60+ Oyster.

AlterEgo

Veteran Member
I don't think they do - other posters make this assumption. But it turns out the assumption was correct.
This wasn't an assumption, it was in an earlier post which is why @furlong made specific reference to it, but it has been edited away by now I suppose.