• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

44871: Swanage-Bury

Status
Not open for further replies.

Njal

I see from uksteam.info that Black 5 44871 is supposed to be going from Swanage to Bury tomorrow.

No timings or route are given on the website, does anyone have any info?

Regards,

Neil

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

paul1609

Established Member
If its anything like its performance on the swanage belle on monday it will be going very slowly and delaying many service trains!

paul1609

Established Member
Okay the 455 delayed us by about 13 mins, but we overstayed our station stop at Slough by 7 mins as the crew could not release the brake. Between Southampton and Wareham we were over an hour late. Arrival in to Swanage was only so reasonable because transfer from nr to the swanage was timed with very generous pathing allowances and because the swanage railway sacrificed their scheduled services to let us in.
I stand by my previous comments either the crew or the loco were very average.

bluebottle

Okay the 455 delayed us by about 13 mins, but we overstayed our station stop at Slough by 7 mins as the crew could not release the brake. Between Southampton and Wareham we were over an hour late. Arrival in to Swanage was only so reasonable because transfer from nr to the swanage was timed with very generous pathing allowances and because the swanage railway sacrificed their scheduled services to let us in.
I stand by my previous comments either the crew or the loco were very average.

That ought to be good enough for anyone. The thing about an hourly timetable is that once you're running out of your slot the next one isn't until one hour later. Delay down to the loco/crew? 7 minutes. Not exactly poor.

Status
Not open for further replies.