• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

A Deltic At Stratford?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichmondCommu

Established Member
G'day everyone,

On the 04.12.80 whilst on a depot visit I spotted 55005 undergoing maintenance at Stratford. The note books were thrown out decades a go but fortunately I kept all my photos. Was the repair of Deltics at Stratford a common occurrence or did I just get lucky?

Any information would be gratefully received.

Kind regards,

Richmond Commuter!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Ash Bridge

Established Member
From what I've read after Doncaster Works ceased performing power unit and bogie changes on Deltics the work then passed to Stratford, I do stand to be corrected here though.

RichmondCommu

Established Member
It was there for collision damage repairs. See http://www.napier-chronicles.co.uk/9005.htm

Many thanks for this :) The space taken up taken by 31255 means that it was not possible to take a picture of the damaged end of 55005 and sadly none of the pictures that I took have notes on their reverse.

I'm assuming here that the damage to 55005 took place at the southern end of the ECML or else it would have been repaired further north?

Status
Not open for further replies.