• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Advance Ticket Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bayum

Established Member
Yes - i've asked before, and never got a straight answer, or an answer I understood. So, can I please have an answer - in black and white...

In light of todays XC failure, basically - what happens to my friend on Saturday if we arrive at New Street, and the train has left?? We have something like, 17 minutes between trains - so it's more than the minimum connection time. Obviously, i'm alright with me being on Priv, but - I can't just leave him at New Street... I'd love to, but still.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Could you provide the following info please:

Where are you going from/to?
What tickets exactly?
What are the timings exactly?

Surprisingly the minimum interchange time at BHM is 12. At places like GLC it's 20 and delays are common at BHM. I personally would allow more than 12, but if it's a through ticket you really don't have to worry about it and you can definitely get the next train.

If it's not a through ticket, then it is debateable...

Last edited:

voyagerdude220

Established Member
If it's not a through ticket, then it is debateable...

I've done this with Virgin, at Euston a few times, despite the previous train terminating in different London stations!

I simply queued up at the ticket office and explained my problem to the VT ticket office agent. They disappeared for a few minutes, but came back, having stamped the back of my AP FC single, and given myself authority to travel on the different stated train to my destination.

The Train Manager didn't have a problem with it what so ever, but was understandably confused by me having just the ticket part of my AP single, and not the reservation, before i explained to him what had happened.

As long as the staff in Birmingham are as good as VT at Euston, and you can show them which services you were booked on, to prove you allowed sufficient time to change trains at Birmingham, there shouldn't be a problem. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.