• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Application Placed on Hold by Virgin Trains?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rebeccahull

Hello Everyone, I'm wondering if anyone can help.....

I have recently attended a Recruitment day at Crewe for a casual CSA onboard at Piccadilly, I had a phone call this week telling me that they were that impressed with me that they want to offer me permanent full time hours as aposed to the casual contract I applied for.

I have received an email letting me know that if any positions come up in the next 6 months that I am above the benchmark and will be considered for the role - GREATTTT NEWS!!!!! :D :D

I can't help but feel that I am in limbo, they did not offer me the casual because they were really impressed with me but now I can wait up to 6 months?

Has anyone been in this situation before? Can anyone help :oops:

Thank you.
Beccy

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

AE-28

Hi Beccy,

From what you have said referring to the fact they want to offer you perm fulltime. I think possibly they know that a job is coming up and want you for the role. Similar thing happened to me. I was at the top of the holding pool list meant to be for 6 months as I didn't secure the position I went for but 3 days in the holding pool I got a call saying another position for the same role I had applied for had come up. You have been left in Limbo land and its horrible but try and be patient. It would be wrong of them to have given you that information if they didn't intend to offer you something. Hope they keep to their word. But keep phoning their career people to remind them you are still wanting the job.

rebeccahull

Thank you!!!! You have really put me at ease. Do you work for Virgin? What is it that you do?? I applied for the same CSA but full time perm contract which closed two weeks ago today, I mentioned this when I received the telephone call with the great news that I am in the holding pool, so I'm hoping that this is what they are going to allocate to me. I know I seem really impatient I'm just raring to go, really impressed with the company so far from the communication I have had so far, I will keep ringing like you said!

Sammy h

There are always plenty of on board jobs due to people moving around the company and being seconded. They will be in touch with you. Just don't panic and don't worry. You should see it as a good thing that they want to get you on a perm contract rather than a temporary one :)

rebeccahull

Thank you Sammy, don't get me wrong I am absolutely made up! I just hope that they get in touch soon.. I have applied for 2 other perm full time contracts which closed 2 weeks today so I'm hoping that I will be considered for one of those. I just find it weird that they hold people like me for jobs but still advertise them for others to apply, if you get me.. I'm just so excited to start!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.