• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

AVANTI DELAY REPAY IS NOT WORKING

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark190777

Hi Guys!

It seems that Avanti online delay repay form is not working anymore. Has anyone experienced this issue recently?

My 2 recent claims were rejected without any explanation just saying: "

Decision: Unsuccessful

Thank you for your recent Delay Repay claim submission. As we would need further supporting information to proceed with this claim, please contact our customer relations team who will be able to discuss this further. For further information on what type of information is needed to proceed with a claim, please visit the Delay Repay page on the Avanti West Coast website."

On both occasions I contacted Avanti and I was asked to appeal by uploading an image of my ticket which I did and it was rejected again without providing the reason.

Does anyone have a clue what it could mean? I wonder if their form is actually working ...?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

robbeech

Established Member
It’s a little trick they’re all starting now. The idea is that you’ll give up. Most people will have given up. We are seeing this specific message more and more.

Mike99

On Wednesday of this week I submitted a request to Southeastern about Advance tickets for refund under the 'travel with confidence scheme'. (Tickets for Nuneaton to London Euston with Avanti West Coast). On Friday I had an email requesting photographs of the tickets (which I expected), with the tickets cut in half and Covid' written on them. Upon receipt the email told me that a refund with e-vouchers can be issued. Two previous requests were also dealt with rapidly and efficiently, as this request also seems to be. Well done Southeastern

Mainline421

This has happened with one of my recent SWR claims I appealed and selected "I can provide the information requested" as reason but it was rejected again with the same reason. To top it all off for some reason SWR have blocked all emails from the Protonmail.com domain (never happened with anywhere else ever), so I had to find another email to send from and they've not responded within the timeframe they said they would.

It's a 2h+ delay so robbeech might be on to something, claims have always been seemingly randomly rejected but usually Journey Call are quick to approve on appeal, not just instructions to contact the TOC's customer services without an explanation.

Mark190777

Yes, some train company request to cut or spoil tickets when you submit them for a delay repay compensation and they always specify that when they reject your claim and they give you an option to appeal.

AVANTI seems to the be THE WORST : when I submited both of my claims I WAS TOLD ON BOTH OCASSIONS that they FOUND MY TICKET AND PHOTO WAS no longer necessary. It was no option for me to download photo after that message.
And here we are - my claim is rejected because I haven't uploaded a photo of my tciket.

So When I tried to appeal and chosen an option: I can submit the evidence which is required, AGAIN, I WAS NOT ABLE TO DOWNLOAD photo of my tickets as their system found them and I received exactly the same message: PHOTO of your ticket is no longer necessary.

So I had to email customers resolution team again and after 10 days I received a reply asking me to post my tickets to freepost Avanti address as the team needed them to investigate my claim. How bizzare ...

Has anyone received a similar reply? What does it mean? What are they going to investigate? Surely, if their system found my ticket even without photo, they must know already that my ticket is a real one. And the ticket is expired now, so I won't be able to use it again anyway.

It sounds to me that they just do not want to pay for delayed and disrupted journeys anymore and they are using all possible excuses for that.

Or perhaps I am missing something... ?

robbeech

Established Member
They’re just trying it on. They’re all at it as I say. There will have been an internal meeting for the TOCs “how can we reduce payouts whilst barely staying within the law”

“we have found your ticket don’t upload a photo” is a new but increasingly common one. It is (from what I can gather) ALWAYS rejected at this point for not having a photo. Nothing more than a con.

Merseysider

Established Member
Fares Advisor
If you bought your tickets directly with Avanti then you might want to contact your bank and raise a dispute/chargeback. It won’t be guaranteed, but...
which.co.uk said:
The main requirement for getting your money back through chargeback is evidence that there's been a breach of contract.
...which has clearly taken place if they’ve gotten you to your destination later than agreed and further failed to provide compensation in line with the contract agreed.

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
Are Avanti the ToC who have also recently withdrawn all their paper form "Delay Repay" claim forms?

Elecman

Established Member
Are Avanti the ToC who have also recently withdrawn all their paper form "Delay Repay" claim forms?
Yes and won’t accept a claim by email either but insists you open an account with them and use thier online form then get a rejection.

robbeech

Established Member
Yes and won’t accept a claim by email either but insists you open an account with them and use thier online form then get a rejection.
But please travel by rail. It’s the safest and most relaxing way.

Status
Not open for further replies.