• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Bedford and Bletchley advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crompton Karl

Hi everyone.

I am a member of Railstaff, and i have a free day this Monday :shock: so i thought i'd take a little trip to do some of the lines i haven't been on, i thought Bedford to Bletchley. While i am doing this i am taking my new Digital SLR and was wondering if anyone had experience taking pictures from these stations and surrounding areas, what traffic type of expect and best times of day for good shots etc....

Can anyone advise?

Karl :)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

westcoaster

Established Member
the bedford - bletchley service is hourly and is operated by 150's, you get ballest traffic to and from forders sidding's bedford side of stewartby, these are operated by 66's from fl and ews, bletchley is on the wcml so all types of freight and passenger trains, same goes for bedford but less freight, all stations are good for photoing exept bedford st johns and fenny stratford

Established Member
Traffic wise its basically an hourly 150, you might get a ballast to Forders but i think these are sporadic at best. If you can get to Bletchley in time, not sure what days at the moment but the stone runs with a solid 60, think it leaves 10ish (via WCML on weekdays).

The whole line is pretty good for phots, loads of foot crossings and footpaths between stations. I'd recomend Stewartby/Milbrook area in particular, at the former with a mega lens you'd be able to phot the MML aswell across one of the pits.

The WCML is pretty good for freight in the evenings if you are hanging around, 56 on 4O90 at approx 1720 at Bletchley the highlight!

Crompton Karl

I'm not too worried what to expect down the Bedford to Bletchley line, more interested in the stations either end, i.e. Bedford or Bletchley, Bletchley i kinda know what to expect and when more interested in Bedford, what type of Freight movements etc..

Thanks

westcoaster

Established Member
6h55 is booked of bletchley at 10:36 on a saturday and should go via the mv line, bedford has quiet a few freight traind mainly fl stone/ bardon trains to and from mountsral and london , plus cement trains, plus any ews stome trains and the occasional gbrf le and movements from wellingbourgh

richa2002

Established Member
I'm not too worried what to expect down the Bedford to Bletchley line, more interested in the stations either end, i.e. Bedford or Bletchley, Bletchley i kinda know what to expect and when more interested in Bedford, what type of Freight movements etc..

Thanks

Remember 6E38 that runs everyday bar Sunday which usually has a 60 on. Should be at Bedford around 16:20 - 16:30.

Status
Not open for further replies.