• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Burneside - Huddersfield

Status
Not open for further replies.

mountainmike

I'm looking to travel from Burneside to Huddersfield on a day return on either Wednesday 21st or Thursday 22nd December. The anytime return is 38.40 and splitting at Chorley gets it down to 36.00. Can anyone suggest any other splits to get the fare down a bit more. I have no railcard , am looking to get to Huddersfield around lunchtime and return around tea time. I'm not fussed about route or times too much but don't really want to commit to an advance ticket as I might need a bit of flexibility.
Many thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Splitting at Bradford brings it down to about £30, provided that you go via Skipton. I cannot check timings of trains to see if it is suitable.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
The cheap fares via Skipton are only available as far as Bradford [[stn]BDQ[/stn]]. Once you go beyond Bradford, the fares skyrocket.

The fare to [stn]BDQ[/stn] is very good value, it's barely more than the cost to Clapham [[stn]CPY[/stn]]!

Alternatively, for travel via Manchester,

Burneside - Manchester Stns £16.30
Manchester Stns - Huddersfield £10.80
(Both Off Peak Day Returns)

sonic2009

Established Member
Going via Skipton would be time consuming and does not fit in with the OP times.

DJ737

G'day

Split at Oxenholme & Manchester Piccadilly £30.50

0806 Burnside-0816 Oxenholme £3.30 Anytime Day Return
0911 Oxenholme-1027 Man Picc £16.30 Off Peak Day Return
1042 Man Picc-1115 Huddersfield £10.90 Off Peak Day Return

Coming back
1626 Huddersfield-1705 Man Picc
1715 Man Picc-1828 Oxenholme
1846 Oxenholme-1854 Burneside

Cheers
DJ737
Melbourne, Australia

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Going via Skipton would be time consuming and does not fit in with the OP times.
And actually costs more than splitting at Manchester.

The through fare is so expensive, at £38.40, because only Anytime fares are available, there is no Off Peak Day option. The Off Peak Day fares via Manchester would be valid on a good itinerary, departing at 1059 and arriving at 1315 (which I think counts as lunchtime!) with just one change, at [stn]MAN[/stn].

Status
Not open for further replies.