• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Buying Desination Blinds

Status
Not open for further replies.

LilLoaf

hi all

Does anyone know where i can get any of Northern's desination roller blinds, i here there are some small railway shops that sell them but not sure where.

Not bothered what unit they are from.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

BJMorley

McKenna Brothers?
they do bus blinds but they probably done rail blinds before.
Brandon

Tom B

Established Member
Please, post in the most appropriate forum.

LilLoaf

Yeah i know i did find some old bus ones on ebay.

They are really quite difficult to track down. I thought there would be loads around from scrapped 101 units but there arn't any. I'll have to keep looking around, but if anyone does see any, please let me know.

Has anyone actually got any they don't want ?

theblackwatch

Established Member
Best place to look is a stalls at galas/open days etc. I've picked up 2 blinds (one from a 101, another from a 141) at sales stands. Before you ask, they are not for sale! I have already had a 101 DMU cab owner after one of them!

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I obtained one off a 310, and another one off a 455 at Barrow Hill Roundhouse Open Day a few years back. As others have said, these are normally the best places to find them!

I currently have one on ebay, its the latest northern rail destination blind!! type in northern rail destination blind.

Status
Not open for further replies.