• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Change from maintenance after apprenticeship.

lca99

Hi,

Interested in hearing some advice, I am currently coming to the end of a Level 3 Railway Engineering apprenticeship, I am working within S&T maintenance. I enjoy the work although the hours and shifts are a real sticking point for myself personally. Moving forward I would like to transition into other career avenues within the railway that still have good progression but are not shift based,
I understand the railway is a predominantly shift based profession although any ideas would be appreciated, I have looked into project management and planning as a potential next step.

Thank you!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

RoyalE3091

Just keep checking on the internal vacancies for project management/ assistant project management or asset engineer jobs.

They will be less shift based.