• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Changing a Virgin Off Peak Single

Status
Not open for further replies.

snail

Established Member
How easy is it/should it be to change the travel date of a Virgin Off Peak Single (SVH) booked in conjuction with an AP ticket?

I want to travel to London on an AP next month (First AP at less than the SVH fare) but I'm not sure whether I will be able to get back the same day or stay overnight. If I went to the ticket office at Euston on the booked day of travel would they be able to change my return travel date without me having to pay for a 'full' single ticket (SVS)?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

mallard

Established Member
I think that if you just specify the return for the next day you might get a ticket that's valid either day, it depends what they print in the "start date".

Has anybody used an SVH/know enough about how they're issued to confirm/deny this?

AlterEgo

Veteran Member
How easy is it/should it be to change the travel date of a Virgin Off Peak Single (SVH) booked in conjuction with an AP ticket?

I want to travel to London on an AP next month (First AP at less than the SVH fare) but I'm not sure whether I will be able to get back the same day or stay overnight. If I went to the ticket office at Euston on the booked day of travel would they be able to change my return travel date without me having to pay for a 'full' single ticket (SVS)?

AFAIK - A SVH can only be amended by amending and re-selling the entire booking. SVHs are sold only in conjunction with Advance Singles.

mallard

Established Member
AFAIK - A SVH can only be amended by amending and re-selling the entire booking. SVHs are sold only in conjunction with Advance Singles.

But what start/end dates are printed on them? i.e. Are they just valid 3/7/30 days from the date of the outward journey/a selected date or are they only valid on the day selected by the customer?

Status
Not open for further replies.