• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Checking a train against strike action?

Ladder23

Established Member
Hi all, I'm particularly interested to know if the following tomorrow is affected; 1S04 0615 London Kings Cross to Edinburgh

I cannot seem to find a way to check, could someone explain or show me how to do so, and possibly confirm the above working.

Regards

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Veteran Member
Not yet showing as cancelled but there is still a generic warning on the LNER site.

What is your actual journey, and what is Plan B?

pokemonsuper9

Established Member
Hi all, I'm particularly interested to know if the following tomorrow is affected; 1S04 0615 London Kings Cross to Edinburgh

I cannot seem to find a way to check, could someone explain or show me how to do so, and possibly confirm the above working.

Regards
Doesn't look like it's cancelled, on Friday (overtime ban day) there were very few cancellations, and 1S04 was not impacted.
If you follow the Realtime trains link, as long as the bit at the left of the train's info doesn't change to "CAN" from "WTT" it isn't cancelled in advance.
Although that doesn't mean it couldn't be cancelled on short notice if something goes wrong or someone falls ill etc...

Went on LNER's website and got the "4 people looking at this journey" message, wonder if that's all us!
Red box containing an info symbol and the words 4 people looking at this journey

Ladder23

Established Member
Not yet showing as cancelled but there is still a generic warning on the LNER site.

What is your actual journey, and what is Plan B?
Thanks for the response, I have since contacted LNER they have advised me it won't be affected.

Doesn't look like it's cancelled, on Friday (overtime ban day) there were very few cancellations, and 1S04 was not impacted.
If you follow the Realtime trains link, as long as the bit at the left of the train's info doesn't change to "CAN" from "WTT" it isn't cancelled in advance.
Although that doesn't mean it couldn't be cancelled on short notice if something goes wrong or someone falls ill etc...

Went on LNER's website and got the "4 people looking at this journey" message, wonder if that's all us!
View attachment 155925
Maybe so! I've since found out from LNER it won't be affected by strike action, I appreciate your time and response though!