• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Chiltern Liveried DVT at Willesden TMD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voyager 2093

The Chiltern Liveried DVT 82302 is at Willesden Junction. Anybody got any ideas as to why it is there?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

captainbigun

The Chiltern DVT is there as a part of their Mk3 set, the blue/grey Mk3s are now Chiltern's.

A set will be out on Tuesday with 86701 and 86702. Due off WN at midday, heading to Northampton and back.

The Planner

Veteran Member
I doubt if they even know yet, Chiltern wont be bringing them in until 2012.

route:oxford

Established Member
Will that be the Chiltern Railways livery on MK3's?

Doubt it.

With the forward blue and back white of the DVT, it suggests that the plan is for the MK3 stock to be predominantly white.

Should keep things simple that way, white base then vinyls on top.

I'm rather looking forward to seeing the power-doored Mk3s in Chiltern Livery.

(And wondering who'll be the first HST operator to install power-doors)

Voyager 2093

The thing about Chiltern is their livery is so simple but so effective. It meets the needs of their service. What I cant wait for is the Chiltern liveried 67s.

Dampflok

The Chiltern DVT is there as a part of their Mk3 set, the blue/grey Mk3s are now Chiltern's.

A set will be out on Tuesday with 86701 and 86702. Due off WN at midday, heading to Northampton and back.
This was supposed to run last Thursday, 29th April, leaving Willesden at 13:00 to run to Northampton and back, in order to prove TDM systems etc. The train was eventually caped at around 13:20 as the booked driver was not available. So presumably the set was made up and has sat there since.

As far as I am aware, the reason for all this is that the set is to be used for a Footex from Newcastle to King's Cross and return on Sunday 9th May for Whitley Bay fans to travel to Wembley Stadium, though this may be just presumption on my part...

How the set gets from Willesden to Newcastle in the first place is another unknown, as yet.

Usual disclaimers apply!

Cheers, Geoff

Dampflok

The 86/7s ran as 5Z01 today, 12:50 off Willesden with eight varied Mk.III coaches and Chiltern DVT 82302 on the rear. Ran to Northampton and returned at 14:28, passing Cheddington at 14:46, a little early.

Pics of the outbound run here:

http://geoff-plumb.fotopic.net/p64651052.html

and subsequent shot, southbound pics to follow later as I have to go out this evening.

The train was to "shake down" the set as it's a somewhat scratch set - as I understand it the set is intended be used for the Newcastle footex, but the DVT will act purely as a brakevan, the train possibly being topped and tailed, though again I am led to believe that there are LE moves associated with the working, from Ferme Park to King's Cross after it's arrival to work the ECS back to the sidings until after the match, then LE back from King's Cross to Ferme Park after the train's departure to return to Newcastle.

This may well all be "pie in the sky", so usual disclaimers apply!

Cheers, Geoff

captainbigun

DVT plus 67 is not the same as DVT plus 90. For the latter the driver must be familiar with TDM and the relevant AC locos.

barrykas

Established Member
How do they operate their company train then? I think you will find some DBS drivers do sign DVT's

Same way we get "odd" moves done...Get you know who to do it :lol: He seems to sign almost everything and everywhere, after all.

I'll get me coat...

jopsuk

Veteran Member
Reckon the Electric Traction Ltd. 86/7s would actually look quite attached to the "Pretendolino" set

TDK

Established Member
DVT plus 67 is not the same as DVT plus 90. For the latter the driver must be familiar with TDM and the relevant AC locos.

DBS drivers sign 90's and DVT's so your post was incorrect, you quoted DBS drivers do not sign DVT's, they certainly do and there are quite a few that do! They will also need to sign the stock as well of course!
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---

I am not certain, but I think the DB company train uses TDM

captainbigun

Chris is correct, an AAR interface has been added to the DVTs and the Mk3s are through wired with AAR. The 67s utilise this, they are not fitted with TDM.

There will only be a select few (relatively speaking) DBS drivers who sign DVTs (with AAR) for the company train. The WSMR and Chiltern drivers aren't with DBS.

TDK

Established Member
Chris is correct, an AAR interface has been added to the DVTs and the Mk3s are through wired with AAR. The 67s utilise this, they are not fitted with TDM.

There will only be a select few (relatively speaking) DBS drivers who sign DVTs (with AAR) for the company train. The WSMR and Chiltern drivers aren't with DBS.

I see now where you are coming from, yes, the 67's do not use TDM so therefore if a 90 is on the driver needs to sign, 90/DVT/TDM/Mk3's and for a DBS driver to sign all may be a rarity hence the top and tail. I must have mis0understood your original post. I would say 15% of driver for DBS sign DVT's at a guess, I know a few and there are many who used towhowould need a refresher however this would not be cost effective for just running a few services or jollies. The WSMR driver and Chiltern drivers are with DBR same main company but a different section, something like first Great Western and First Capital connnect they would not interchange drivers unless hired in.

wensley

Established Member
The problem isn't DBS drivers not sigining the DVT it's the fact that the drivers that sign the DVTs don't sign the route. That's why it rain T&T last year - for ease of working.

Mr Spock

Passed Willesden at 16.10 and 90026 was attached to the DVT with 66141 on the other end of the stock..

Dampflok

Status
Not open for further replies.